Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
Purrceyz
Enthusiast
Purrceyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 7 tablet
Kobo Aura - is there a way to keep collections after recharging?

Every time I charge my Kobo Aura, I notice many of the books in the collections disappear (they are still on the Kob, they just don't appear in the collection lists anymore). I have to retag them all.

Is there a way to fix this or it is a bug I have live with?
Purrceyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrceyz View Post
Every time I charge my Kobo Aura, I notice many of the books in the collections disappear (they are still on the Kob, they just don't appear in the collection lists anymore). I have to retag them all.

Is there a way to fix this or it is a bug I have live with?
How are you recharging? I have never had this happen with the AUra hDor the mini and everything happens to me.

Best solution is to use calibre for creating the collections and then if they disappear you can get them back in minutes.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

I'm recharging with my computer. My AC charger doesn't work with the Kobo. How would I create a collection with Calibre? Would it be the same as the Virtual Library?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This really sounds like an issue with a corrupted database on the device. No matter how the collections are made a recharge, or power off / on, or a sleep cycle should not cause them to go missing.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

Peter

How would I fix a corrupted datebase? Would I remove all the books (with Calibre) and then add them again?
Advert
Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrceyz View Post
Peter

How would I fix a corrupted datebase? Would I remove all the books (with Calibre) and then add them again?
The easiest way is in the settings | accounts menu select sign out next to the Kobo account. This will leave the f/w as is but force you to redo the setup.

To setup shelves / collections look at this sticked thread in this forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
This thread contains the directions.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184

PeterT is an expert on this so definitely try hi solution first.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #8
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

Helen, thank you for the link to Peter's thread.
Peter, thank you for the thread. I've decided to keep my shelves in Calibre and get rid of the ones in Kobo. (I'm in the process of doing this.)

Last edited by Purrceyz; 05-12-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #9
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

Got it
Thank you Peter.
Is there anyway to put the listing of the shelves in order?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Would you accept a simple "YES" as an answer?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

A yes would be great with a little info.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How about a lot of info? Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234942.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #13
Purrceyz
Enthusiast

David, thanks for the link-I'll work on it tomorrow.