Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Just to recap, the book that I'm reading (epub) has centred chapter headings and fully-justified body paragraphs and displays that way on the Aura HD.

When I send the book to the Aura HD using Calibre and the KoboTouchExtended plugin (kepub), the headings become left-justified. The body text remains fully-justified.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Exactly. Text Tool => Alignment. That's the effect I get if it isn't deactivated (I thought to leave kepub because of that).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #48
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
So apparently I had PMs disabled. Try again, I turned them on.
Thanks. I've just PMed you.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 AM   #49
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
Just to recap, the book that I'm reading (epub) has centred chapter headings and fully-justified body paragraphs and displays that way on the Aura HD.

When I send the book to the Aura HD using Calibre and the KoboTouchExtended plugin (kepub), the headings become left-justified. The body text remains fully-justified.
Do you mean something like this?
If so, this is the usual difference between epub and kepub. At least, this is what I've always thought
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #50
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Do you mean something like this?
If so, this is the usual difference between epub and kepub. At least, this is what I've always thought
Yes. But I don't think kepubs should display differently to epubs...

OK, when I set the justification to OFF on the Aura the kepub displays correctly i.e. centred headings are centred and body paragraphs are fully-justified.

Seems like a bug to me...
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #51
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

OK, when I set the justification to OFF on the Aura the kepub displays correctly i.e. centred headings are centred and body paragraphs are fully-justified.

The rendering engines (I hope that the right word) are different, so I don't know if the display difference is to be expected or a bug.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #52
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I think it's actually a bug in the ePub renderer personally. The kepub respects your justification setting (unless you have soft hyphens ) but the ePub renderer shows the same format sometimes and changes the format other times. The fact that justification settings make changes you're not expecting may be a different bug, although one I suspect would be very hard to fix properly for all epubs.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #53
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
I sent my epubs to my Kobo using the extended driver, but they were sent as epubs, not kepubs. How do I get it to send as kepubs?

I noticed that my kobo books Calibre did add the series info, which I want for all the books.

Sorry, kobo newbie here
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #54
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you disable the original Kobo driver and enable the Extended one, and then restart calibre? Remember, that if you have calibre running in the system tray, just closing the GUI is not enough; you have to either do a restart of calibre, or a QUIT on the system-tray icon.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

Me too, one which almost made me left kepub... until a forum member told me about it
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Did you disable the original Kobo driver and enable the Extended one, and then restart calibre? Remember, that if you have calibre running in the system tray, just closing the GUI is not enough; you have to either do a restart of calibre, or a QUIT on the system-tray icon.
Yes, I did.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #57
Fursty Ferret
Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Bit of a weird bug with side loaded kepubs through the plugin - the Aura doesn't remember the exact page after going back to the home screen, throwing you back into the book anywhere from 1 to 15 pages out.

Probably something I've got wrong in the settings, but it happens in every book.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #58
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds like the same bug around position detection, unfortunately I can't fix it for various reasons.

If you have the free books that come with the Aura, I'd appreciate it if you could send me links to the original Kobo-provided kepubs, in case there's anything useful in them I can use to improve device support.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #59
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I sent my epubs to my Kobo using the extended driver, but they were sent as epubs, not kepubs. How do I get it to send as kepubs?

I noticed that my kobo books Calibre did add the series info, which I want for all the books.

Sorry, kobo newbie here
Can you send me your calibre debug log in a PM? Directions in the first post.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #60
Fursty Ferret
Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.Fursty Ferret knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Sounds like the same bug around position detection, unfortunately I can't fix it for various reasons.

If you have the free books that come with the Aura, I'd appreciate it if you could send me links to the original Kobo-provided kepubs, in case there's anything useful in them I can use to improve device support.
Sadly, don't think the UK models come with free books.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one