Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
JVM
JVM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is the software updated needed?

I got a Kobo the other day, from Chapters in Canada, and I've added some books already, synched and the battery is full charged. I'm finishing another book so haven't starting using it, but I did play around with it and I get how it works (quite simple, actually).

So I'm wondering if I should bother with the software update. I read a bit here about the slow release of 1.9 (I don't even know which version I'm running) and I also read about some issues people had (in general).

For the foreseable future I will only use the Kobo for reading books purchased via Chapters/Kobo. At some point I'll take some out from the library's website...but I have enough to read that this is many months away. Given my basic use of it, is the update warranted?

Thanks and sorry if I'm asking a question about something that has probably been covered in depth already.
JVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
I would update it personally - there are a couple nice new features like the ability to remove a book from the I'm Reading list and the Go To page function. Some books don't have chapters (particularly the free ones included - try opening the Art of War) so if you open it and decide you don't like it, the only way to close it in the earlier version is to page through every page.

I haven't had any issues since the update (so far) whereas I did have problems with it prior to the update.

By the way, you can check your version by looking under Settings - General on the device.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert