Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
TheTruthBetween
TheTruthBetween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Question Import .asp files?

I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have a whole bunch of .asp files saved on my computer from a website I downloaded fanfiction from, but calibre won't let me import them, because it doesn't recognize the format. Or rather, I can add them, but it won't open them or convert them.

I was wondering if there was a way to import asp files and convert them to epub. I really don't want to have to open a couple hundred files in Firefox and manually resave them as html.
TheTruthBetween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Just rename them from .asp to .html -- I assume they are the same content either way...

On Windows, simply open a command prompt in the folder that contains the ASP files (you can do this by holding down shift then right-clicking the folder and selecting "Open COmmand Window here"), and type the following:
Code:
ren *.asp *.html
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #3
TheTruthBetween
TheTruthBetween began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Well that was stupidly easy. You're my new favorite person, okay? Okay. Thanks!
TheTruthBetween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You're welcome. Happy to help.

Thanks for the karma.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote