Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
mago55
mago55 began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook PR-505
Calibre language change?

Hi all!. I just downloaded Calibre, and i wonder if someone can tell me how to change the language. For some reason it appears in spanish, but i want it in english. I know there is an option to do it in "preferences", but it says i have to reinitialize the program, and thats what i dont know how to do!. I tried closing it and opening it again to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
mago55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Press Ctrl+Q to quit calibre. Then restart it and your language change will take effect
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
fineday
fineday began at the beginning.

Device: kinlde
english not in language options

I downloaded calibre and it launched in arabic.
I somehow found preferences, but it only offers arabic and other obscure language such as "low German."
I removed and downloaded it several times, and always had the same problem.
Any Ideas?
fineday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well... I just tried and see what you mean! Select the Low German and restart and then English is pretty easy to find... Look for Englisch or Englisch (Grobbritannien) and restart again.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
khiembalap
khiembalap began at the beginning.

Device: none
(setting) change to difference kind of language in Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mago55 View Post
Hi all!. I just downloaded Calibre, and i wonder if someone can tell me how to change the language. For some reason it appears in spanish, but i want it in english. I know there is an option to do it in "preferences", but it says i have to reinitialize the program, and thats what i dont know how to do!. I tried closing it and opening it again to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
You may try the following solution.
- move the curson to the "Preferences" (the icon looks as "setting icon"), don't
double click, pop the pull down menu, you will see
" change calibre behavior"
" Run welcome wizard"
- click on "run welcome wizard"
It will pop the window welcome wizard that allow you to change from
current language to any difference languages...
then you can go back and forth...
Hopefully, it helps...
khiembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
"Preferencias"
"Ejecutar asistente de bienvenida"

A menu will appear where you can choose the language. I hope it helps.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:17 AM   #7
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: e61i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Press Ctrl+Q to quit calibre. Then restart it and your language change will take effect
In book Editor, can you put a feature to change Language on fly . like Microsoft word.
hiteshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #8
GScrim
GScrim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Change language issue

It not that its difficult...the icon is hidden "sometimes" + it's already in a language you don't understand.

So for others not to suffer (and nearly give up) and for showing gratitude for such great FREE software I made this pic for easy guidance.

Click on the below pic to open bigger.

Thank guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre language select.png
Views:	1175
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	182080  
GScrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:49 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GScrim View Post
It not that its difficult...the icon is hidden "sometimes" + it's already in a language you don't understand.

So for others not to suffer (and nearly give up) and for showing gratitude for such great FREE software I made this pic for easy guidance.

Click on the below pic to open bigger.

Thank guys
Sadly, this doesn't work well. I installed Calibre on my laptop which is set to Duch (and I can't change that as it's my office laptop). I prefer to use English though (so I chose that when I installed it), as it makes searching for functions n the internet a lot easier. However, now my Calibre shows both English and Dutch...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote