Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #106
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
... the offer seems to be targeted to specific customers according to some mysterious criteria.
Well, durn. I was thinking of getting a Paperwhite (Staples and Office Depot have them on sale for $99) but now I think I'll wait to see if I get an offer like this one.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #107
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Kindle Mother's Day Specials

AMAZON has the basic Kindle for $49, paperwhite for $99 and maybe more tablets as a Mother's Day special for a 'limited time'. I'm not in the market so I didn't pull up the fine print for restrictions, length of sale, etc.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #108
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Deal of the day at Amazon....the 2012 Kindle Fire HD for $89.99.

We have two of these....both wiped and running full Android Kitkat (n2aos.com). We love them now! Great piece of hardware, great android tablet (if you do what I did) for $109!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #109
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Deal of the day at Amazon....the 2012 Kindle Fire HD for $89.99.

We have two of these....both wiped and running full Android Kitkat (n2aos.com). We love them now! Great piece of hardware, great android tablet (if you do what I did) for $109!
Was just gonna post that

This is a refurb and since Amazon is selling it, it carries a full one-year warranty (unlike other sites that only give 90-day warranties).

This would make a great gift for kids. This version has a front cam and a HDMI port, unlike the 2013 version which eliminated these features.

This model was selling for $100 new last Black Friday.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-30-2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: to add link
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #110
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Also going on sale will be a couple of refurb Kindles with one-year warranties. These will be lightning deals, so the sales window won't last more than a few hours.

Today's Lightning Deals

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-30-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: to add lightning deal link
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #111
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Also going on sale will be a couple of refurb Kindles with one-year warranties. These will be lightning deals, so the sales window won't last more than a few hours.
$69. I got one, which is sort of ridiculous of me. But at that price, the resale value is great. So I will play around with it and decide if I want to keep it or not.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-02-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #112
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This model was selling for $100 new last Black Friday.
Just to add another point of reference: In November or December this same model refurb was offered to me by Amazon Customer Service for $95.20 as a replacement for a frozen Kindle Fire 1. (I took the offer.)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #113
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Pretty happy with my refurb 2012 KPW. The firmware was pre-cloud collections, so I quickly took all the steps to keep it that way! Now I can read the monthly Prime book on it.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #114
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Pretty happy with my refurb 2012 KPW. The firmware was pre-cloud collections, so I quickly took all the steps to keep it that way! Now I can read the monthly Prime book on it.
I was too late for that offer, but did order the current Paperwhite for $99.

Why are you happy it's pre-cloud collections? This is the first device that has the cloud collections. When I fired it up, it imported the collections from my old laptop. But if I add to that collection or the one on my current laptop, it doesn't sync. I don't see any place on the Paperwhite to sync collections with another device.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #115
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I was too late for that offer, but did order the current Paperwhite for $99.

Why are you happy it's pre-cloud collections? This is the first device that has the cloud collections. When I fired it up, it imported the collections from my old laptop. But if I add to that collection or the one on my current laptop, it doesn't sync. I don't see any place on the Paperwhite to sync collections with another device.

Carol
It will automatically sync, but I believe the desktop apps don't support Cloud Collections.

Lots of people don't like it for the way it handles sideloaded books, or the fact that you cannot share your account with your spouse and keep separate collections. Plenty of fuel for the vitriol, although I can't speak personally as I still have my Kindle Touch and am staying with it.

I kind of like to use ixtab's Collections Manager kindlet for collections, and could care less about Amazon's cloud. I even use my own rsync solution for backing up and syncing annotations.

I like handling my book and data myself.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #116
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Why are you happy it's pre-cloud collections? This is the first device that has the cloud collections. When I fired it up, it imported the collections from my old laptop. But if I add to that collection or the one on my current laptop, it doesn't sync. I don't see any place on the Paperwhite to sync collections with another device. Carol
I've bought and sold a number of Kindles since 2010. When they introduced cloud collections, I suddenly had every collection I ever made on every device, on the PW2. Plus all the nags about not being on line, or side loaded books not syncing....I returned a perfectly good PW2 due to this. I hated it. (In retrospect, I could have waited, as it was soon after made hackable.) I wished I had kept my PW1. So when I saw that price ($69), I decided to go for it. I will never update it.

(I can see why it was returned by the original owner, though. It has a faint light pinprick, as well as being brighter along the lower left edge than any other edge. I am going to keep it, despite that).
Old 05-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #117
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Kobo Aura from Chapters.indigo.ca $109.99 (Black and Pink)

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...?langtype=4105

Site says they ship to the US and over $25 order is free shipping...I've been looking for a backup to my Glo and now I see that the Aura is just a slighly bigger glo.

Now, I am trying to have some restraint (barely working) so can anyone tell me is this a GOOD price for the Aura or just a good price?!

ty

FYI for Ebates users, chapters Ca is a 5% CB site through them

ETA: I just realized that I have coupon code for another store that will allow me to get a backup glo for about 98 (if it works the way it did before) but no 5%...so what is the real difference in the glo and the aura...if I love my glo, should I just stick with it??

Last edited by gabby98; 05-05-2014 at 08:45 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #118
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

No, no, no....the AURA is smaller than the Glo. AND I feel it is better in many ways! The lighting is better. It has more internal memory. And I LOVE the smooth tablet-like screen! I would say GET it. It is definitely hard to find them on sale! I feel the Aura is superior to the Glo, and I am selling my back up Glo ASAP! (Still keeping one, my son uses it).

I wanted to buy one from that store, I think? Back when they came out, but they sure weren't offering free shipping then. So I didn't get one. Is $110 US dollars? That's a GREAT price.

You'd better make sure it's free shipping, though.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-06-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #119
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
No, no, no....the AURA is smaller than the Glo. AND I feel it is better in many ways! The lighting is better. It has more internal memory. And I LOVE the smooth tablet-like screen! I would say GET it. It is definitely hard to find them on sale! I feel the Aura is superior to the Glo, and I am selling my back up Glo ASAP! (Still keeping one, my son uses it).

I wanted to buy one from that store, I think? Back when they came out, but they sure weren't offering free shipping then. So I didn't get one. Is $110 US dollars? That's a GREAT price.

You'd better make sure it's free shipping, though.
I must have read the 'size' information backwards when I was comparing them....I will definitely have to think it over (but not too long). I think the price was US, couldn't see any where it said CAD.

If you do sell your backup glo (and it's functional ), PM me....I may know 1/2 people who may be interested.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #120
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I must have read the 'size' information backwards when I was comparing them....I will definitely have to think it over (but not too long). I think the price was US, couldn't see any where it said CAD.

If you do sell your backup glo (and it's functional ), PM me....I may know 1/2 people who may be interested.
To hell with the Aura. As interested as I am in buying one for a great price, I'm even more interested in meeting the 1/2 people you may know. Here's my first question: What's the other half?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-06-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Moved actual research out of this post.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote