Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
cannot start sigil

Using 5.3 from Arch repository I get
Code:
Could not load a transcoding service
when I try to start Sigil, nothing else happens.

Any ideas what sigil is looking for?
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I take it then nobody has any idea about this.
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's kind of hard to say what the maintainers of the Arch repo might have done to prepare their binary build of Sigil for distribution. Sounds like some sort of Xerces dependency/issue of some kind.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-15-2012 at 05:04 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
weedfreak
Addict

The arch system does not prepare a binary build it basically builds from source, it has depends=('qtwebkit' 'boost-libs')
makedepends=('cmake' 'gendesk' 'boost')
in the package file and there are no errors in building from source=("http://sigil.googlecode.com/files/Sigil-${pkgver}-Code.zip").

The error I get is at runtime but I have no idea what runtime dependency I am missing, should I have something from xerces?

Should I just wait for sigil 6?