Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
6. Open the Calibre_Plugins folder DONE
7. Select one of the zip files in that folder DONE
8. Click on Add SHE DOESN'T SEE AN "ADD" BUTTON
Check out post 4 above. Even though it states it, there is no ADD button on this step. You should be viewing a pop up, select file, dialog like any other pop up where you select a file. Step 6 is using that pop up to open the appropriate folder and select the zip plugin and click on the open button.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-05-2011 at 06:29 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #17
silverbright
silverbright began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
6. Open the Calibre_Plugins folder DONE
7. Select one of the zip files in that folder DONE
8. Click on Add SHE DOESN'T SEE AN "ADD" BUTTON

I know I had problems several months ago and I was finally able to figure it out, but I can't seem to remember how I did it. Maybe we unzipped incorrectly? Just can't figure out why we don't have an "Add" button.

Any suggestions?
My problem is that I read the directions and then try to do things while only retaining half of that information. I'm not saying that is the trouble here, but I couldn't figure out why I was having a similar problem with this plugin. Until I realized that I wasn't really comprehending step 6. I read it, of course. Several times. I'd look blankly at the extracted files and try opening/adding the first couple . . . then finally I got it! None of those first folders was the Calibre Plugins folder. Silly me. I moved down to the right folder (4th if they organize by alpha) and smooth sailing from thereon. Hope that helps someone
silverbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Glad to hear you figured it out.

BTW: That folder is named "Calibre_Plugins" for just that reason and there is in fact a README_First.txt file that explains what the folders are and where to find the plugins.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
vhertzb
vhertzb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for mac
Sunflower, I hate to admit this, but I have spent 3 days looking for "add plug-ins". And I finally have found it. When you click on preferences, note that the pop-up has a sliding bar. So scroll down to the bottom row and there it is. Voila!
vhertzb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
vhertzb

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert