Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
jerryflattum
JerryFlattum
jerryflattum began at the beginning.

Device: none
Jerry Flattum - Songwriter/Writer

Hi All:

I was directed to MobileRead from a LinkedIn Freelance Writers group, specially a discussion on eBooks.

I recently incorporated, 1.15.11. My company: Entertainment Cyberscope, Inc.

I have several ventures and adventures on my site. Of keen interest to MobileRead is 3 books I just added (Feb 2011) to my site that I want to convert to ebooks. I will be adding more eBooks in 2011.

Ventures and Adventures include:

Entertainment Cyberscope-Portal (EC-Portal)
The EC-Portal is a portal for all things entertainment online. With the right database and software/web applications, my goal is to convert "portal" into a "virtual world."

The purpose of the EC-Portal is to serve as a comprehensive information source and advertiser/affiliate haven.

SwitchTrak
SwitchTrak is a production music library. It will include fully produced and mastered original songs as well as a library of production music. Primary target markets for the production music are online applications and new media. Target market for the original songs is Hollywood (licensing for film) and the general Pop/Rock Global market.

FerretDance Recording Studio
This is my own Pro Tools-based home studio. A major challenge is re-recording my entire catalog of original songs and production music at master quality level (ready for commercial release)

I have 5 blogs on my site:

Entertainment Cyberscope Blog - providing news and support for the EC-Portal

Solutions Now - An ops/eds style blog seeking solutions for both Global and Personal issues across a spectrum of subjects.

Songster - A personal blog documenting my journey in songwriting, recording and the music industry

StoryTeller - A blog on screenwriting and the film industry

Writer - features all my published work, works-in-progress, Journal, and a sub-category on the Art/Science of Writing

Titles of current and upcoming eBooks are:
Convergence and the Entertainment Society
Visualizing The Future
Future Self
Song Creation
Global Strategic Thinking
Evil Uncle

The greatest challenges I face in 2011 are:

Website development - Using one site vs. multiple sites to bring greater clarity and focus to my ventures and adventures

Monetizing my website - Developing a comprehensive SEO and social media marketing strategy for the site and individual strategies for each venture.

Growth/Development of Entertainment Cyberscope, Inc.

Selling music online

Content Management and Delivery - Finding the best solutions for developing my sub-career as a writer and blogger. How to maximize opportunities for both blogs and eBooks.
jerryflattum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Welcome to MR from the Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryflattum View Post
Entertainment Cyberscope-Portal (EC-Portal)
The EC-Portal is a portal for all things entertainment online. With the right database and software/web applications, my goal is to convert "portal" into a "virtual world."

The purpose of the EC-Portal is to serve as a comprehensive information source and advertiser/affiliate haven.
...huh?
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jerry and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Jerry. You're a busy feller. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
jerryflattum
JerryFlattum

Fascinating Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Jerry. You're a busy feller. Very best wishes. Neil
I'm busy? Ha! Just went to your site.

I've got all kinds of ventures and adventures going. My 2 primary tasks are the re-design of my site to bring greater clarity and focus and turn 4 of my latest book drafts into eBooks.

MobileRead is quite the source. I just discovered Calibre, so you can imagine how exciting that is AND what a relief in terms of solving the issue of conversion.

Glad to meet you. Thanx for the friendly hello.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
jerryflattum
JerryFlattum

Oh Grand Wizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Jerry and welcome to MobileRead
Hey, thanx for the hello. Love your title. I need a grand wizard in my life.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
jerryflattum
JerryFlattum

Swimming in champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
Excellent sources. I just bookmarked them. Man, talk about diving in. Diving in, hell, I've got a lot of swimming to do!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
jerryflattum
JerryFlattum

How'd ya do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
welcome
Make a deal with ya. If you tell me how you made your book AND the cover, I promise to buy your book and read it, ha!

Some people say covers aren't important. I don't hang out much with those people.

I'm just starting to get my feet wet in the ebook game. Creating covers for my book drafts will certainly take me to the next level.

Did you start out with Smashwords? That's another issue I'm wrestling with, that is, what service to publish with. That's why I was thrilled to have someone here in MobileRead turn me on to Calibre. I'm operating on the basis that one service is not enough, that it's best to go with more than one.

Do you agree?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hi, have a good time with us
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, music, song, songwriter, writer