Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #1
jjk
Enthusiast
jjk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Kindle Vivlio-Inkpad3
Request more editing features in Calibre-editor

As a complement to my previous thread, so here are my wishes for text editing :

a) being able to select the contents of a tag is already possible by Ctrl-Alt-T. Say I have
Code:
<div><p>blah blah<I>blah in italic</I>foo foo</p></div>
If I'm on the word "italic", Ctrl-Alt-T selects "blah in italic". With a 2nd Ctrl-Alt-T I would like to be able to select <I>blah in italic</I>, with a 3rd Ctrl-Alt-T I would select <P>blah blah<I>blah in italic</I> foo foo</p>, etc. finally I could select entirely <body>...</body>

Incidentally, I couldn't find a way to change the hotkey for Ctrl-Alt-T

b) be able to select an entire line (with or without CRLF) and be able to associate it with a hotkey

c) be able to clone selected line(s) and be able to associate it with a hotkey

d) be able to move selected line(s) up or down and be able to associate them with a hotkey

e) be able to close (surround) selected text with any tag, or be able to add items to the list of possible tags (menu </>)

f) be able to assign hotkeys to all currently available editing functions, such as Ctrl + i for <i> or Ctrl-b for <b> that are already available

Best regards
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid making the textual keybings customizable is too much effort for me. For the rest many of them you can already do, for example:

b) Home, Shift+end
c) ctrl+c + ctrl+v
e) the insert tag button already does this

And if you really want to do powerful things with the keyboard, learn to use snippets: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/snippets.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
jjk
Enthusiast

Thanks for your quick answer.

"Too much effort" for you. Sure, I understand it.

e) what I ask you is to be able to customize the list of that button

And, yes, I'm aware for snippets. These are good tools. But, unless I'm wrong, snippets are not able to surround some selected text, ie to insert some text1 before selected text, and some text2 after it. Often, I don't have to create code, but I have to modify it, so I select words before modifying around it.

About my first wish, to extend selection between imbricated tags recursively from inside to outside, I make a simpler request : instead of that, I'd wish to be able to select all the text (including any tags inside) between selected tag and the paired tag (supposing cursor is anywhere in some tag, between < and >). Of course there would be the matching hotkey
It would be almost like current Ctrl-Alt-T, but instead of between >..<, between <tag>..</tag>

Best regards
Old 11-23-2020, 10:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, snippets can surround text, read the bottom couple of parapgraphs of https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sni...tml-link-tag-a

and to expand ctrl+alt+t to the parent tag, after pressing it simply hold down shift and move the cursor beyond the edge of the closing tag and press catrl+alt+t again.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:51 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And here you go: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...451d036444323f

Although since you seem to want to use th keyboard for this, you are better fo creating a snippet.
Advert
Old 11-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
jjk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yes, snippets can surround text, read the bottom couple of parapgraphs of https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sni...tml-link-tag-a

and to expand ctrl+alt+t to the parent tag, after pressing it simply hold down shift and move the cursor beyond the edge of the closing tag and press catrl+alt+t again.
Snippets : still a thing I learned today

Expand : not perfect, but better than nothing
Old 11-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #7
jjk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And here you go: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...451d036444323f

Although since you seem to want to use th keyboard for this, you are better fo creating a snippet.
Sorry, but I am not sure to understand.
Will you mean that you'll add it in a next version ?
So I will be able to add customized tags in </> menu
Old 11-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Will you mean that you'll add it in a next version ?
So I will be able to add customized tags in </> menu
yes .
Old 11-27-2020, 02:53 PM   #9
jjk
Enthusiast

Just got 5.6
Thanks for Allow adding tags to the list of tags for the insert tag button

Tags