Notices

Old 12-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
RobertAppleton
RobertAppleton began at the beginning.

Device: Forma
Info on Forma Firmware update

I have 3 questions for my new Forma:

How do I:
1. take screenshots of individual pages?
2. make pdfs of my books for use as searchable and copyable research material?
3. update firmware using macos?

Many thanks,

Bob
RobertAppleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAppleton View Post
I have 3 questions for my new Forma:

How do I:
1. take screenshots of individual pages?
This has been discussed enough that searching for "screenshots" will find it.
Quote:
2. make pdfs of my books for use as searchable and copyable research material?
You can't on the device. You load books on the device and read them. PDFs are not searchable on the device and PDFs do not support highlighting text and annotating them.
Quote:
3. update firmware using macos?
The simplest is to let the device do it over WiFi. Next simplest is to use the Kobo desktop application. Otherwise, download the update and put it into the .kobo directory on the device. Again, something that has been discussed extensively in this forum.

And for the record, you have posted this in the wrong place. The "Kobo Tablets" forum is for the Android based tablets that Kobo used to sell.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote