Notices

Old 11-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
G2B
Enthusiast
G2B began at the beginning.

Device: PC / iPad
REVERSE "arrange in folders"???

The Calibre editor has a tool called 'arrange in folders"
Is there also a tool that does the opposite, i.e. remove the folders?

There is probably a good reason for putting files in folders, but I don't see any benefits from it. IMO, it only makes links more complicated, and makes it more difficult to rename a file that has the entire folder-tree ahead of its name. Furthermore, in my experience, books with 1000s of pages work just fine with all the files at top-level.

Is there any way WITHIN the editor to bring all files to the top-level in a book that starts out in folders?

What I am doing now is to export all files and delete them in the editor, then manually bring the files to the top level in the folder where I exported them, reimport the files, link files to stylesheets and correct the image links.

Again, it's not difficult, just enormously time consuming. It would be nice if the editor could undo what it can do, would save me a great amount of time.

TIA
G2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B View Post
The Calibre editor has a tool called 'arrange in folders"
Is there also a tool that does the opposite, i.e. remove the folders?
The same tool, actually.
When you open it, calibre will suggest folder names, like this:

EPUB/text/
EPUB/styles/
EPUB/...

Just clear all the fields. All your files will be then at the top level.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #3
G2B
Enthusiast
G2B began at the beginning.

Device: PC / iPad
How simple, how elegant.

Thank you. That works indeed.
G2B is offline   Reply With Quote