Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-13-2024, 05:20 PM   #1471
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
The 2008 BBC movie of Persuasion. Am reading the book and do enjoy a movie companion to it.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:33 PM   #1472
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Star Trek S2E18: The Immunity Syndrome

Giant space amoeba.

Also antibodies.

Spock and Bones get very snarky with each other in this episode. "SHUT UP SPOCK, WE'RE RESCUING YOU!" "Why thank you, Captain McCoy."

Interestingly, no guest stars and taking place entirely on the Enterprise (and a shuttlecraft).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-14-2024 at 11:37 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2024, 06:46 AM   #1473
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I started watching "Constellation" on Apple TV: a sort of a scifi psychological thriller. I'm fairly engaged (if still a little lost). The acting is solid and the presentation is unapologetically disjointed. An astronaut makes it back to Earth after an accident on the ISS and finds pieces of her life changed.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:50 AM   #1474
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I started watching "Constellation" on Apple TV: a sort of a scifi psychological thriller. I'm fairly engaged (if still a little lost). The acting is solid and the presentation is unapologetically disjointed. An astronaut makes it back to Earth after an accident on the ISS and finds pieces of her life changed.
Ah yes... thanks for the reminder. I saw the trailer for this and thought it looked interesting then forgot all about it. (Emailing myself a reminder now so it gets adding to my watch list)

EDIT: A couple of episodes in. I see what you mean about disjointed, I guess that is unavoidable with the premise. I'm hoping for some coherence as the narrative unfolds.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-20-2024 at 12:35 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:44 AM   #1475
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Sunday night I watched Rustin for the second time (Netflix). It held up very well for a 2nd viewing. A friend who has no internet was over to watch anything that got Oscar nom.

Tuesday night I watched 1st episodes of Alice and Jack and Call the Midwife. Didn't care for Alice at all but will probably watch the rest. Both shows were on my PBS station Sunday evening.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2024, 03:12 AM   #1476
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The third series of Lupin on Netflix. Only just noticed the third series had launched. Excellent show. I recommend the French audio (original) with subtitles.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:39 AM   #1477
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We're currently watching 3 Body Problem on Netflix, which came out earlier this week.

Five episodes in and we're both loving it, just three more to go, which we'll probably watch tonight.

After that we're either going to see if we like The Regime on Netflix or watch the Quiet on Set documentary.

Today I'm going to pick up a couple of boxes of cd's/dvd's/books from my storage to go through them and see what needs to be digitized, what I want to keep and what I want to donate. In the new house I don't have a huge amount of space for these, so I need to be very selective.

Next week I'm also going to look into getting a NAS so I can set up a Plex server. I currently have an external hard drive connected to my laptop, but a NAS Plex server would work a lot better for our current situation, especially when I start to digitize my movies and music.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 02:06 AM   #1478
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
A few nights ago I watched Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore on Netflix (Scorcese director; Ellen Burstyn, Harvey Keitel, Kris Kristofferson, 1974). I noticed that the Netflix-owned Paris Theater was playing a series of 1974 movies, so I looked on Netflix to see what they had. The TV show Alice (Mel's Diner) was inspired by this movie. The same actor, Vic Tayback, was in the movie and TV show as Mel.

I watched the first two episodes of S1 of Monk (Tony Shalhoub) on Netflix. (2002)

Watched episode 2 of Alice and Jack on PBS Passport. It was painful to watch. I hated Alice from the start of E1 and Jack was terrible as well in E2.

Watched S3 E5 of Astrid on PBS Passport.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 05:09 AM   #1479
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Star Trek S2E21: Patterns of Force

The Nazi planet episode.

Captain Kirk and Spock run around for most of the episode in Nazi uniforms that they'd pulled out of Paramount's costume storage. (Except for the part where they both hang around shirtless in a jail cell.)

Apparently Kirk's old history professor, upon visiting the planet as a cultural observer, saw that the planet's inhabitants were destroying themselves through constant warfare and thought the best way to fix that was to install himself as the Führer and model the society after the Nazis. Kirk is rightfully "WTF were you thinking? That was a stupid thing to do."

My old-school Trekkie friend tells me that this episode was more impactful back when WWII was still only 20 years past and the Cold War was in full swing.

Out-of-context quote: "You mean that the Führer is an alien?"

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-24-2024 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:00 AM   #1480
davtay
The Continental
davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I watched the first season of Guy Richie's The Gentlemen on Netflix. It is similar to his movie of the same name. Not the same story or actor's but the "world" is. I enjoyed it very much and hope there is a second season. But with Netflix, you never can tell.
davtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:15 AM   #1481
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
"The Apple Never Falls" on Peacock. The actors (Annette Bening, Sam Neill, Alison Brie among them) were far better than the roles and mystery plot they were plopped into. It was engaging enough for me to watch all seven episodes of the first season's arc (which is pretty self-contained), but that's about it.

Predictable and sappy. And predictably sappy.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 07:06 PM   #1482
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just watched the finals of the World Woman's Curling

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:08 PM   #1483
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just watched the finals of the World Woman's Curling

I love curling!!! My hubby isn't the world's biggest fan (sniffle) so I don't really get the chance to watch it as much as I wish I could, but I really do love it. Silly, I know.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:58 AM   #1484
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I love curling!!! My hubby isn't the world's biggest fan (sniffle) so I don't really get the chance to watch it as much as I wish I could, but I really do love it. Silly, I know.

Hitch
I'm currently staying with friends and the wife is curling crazy. She curls 3 to 4 times a week and loves sitting in the basement watching it. We've been lucky of late with events including various Grand Slam events, the Canadian Men's and Women's championships, the Women's World championship. Of course next weekend the Men's World championship starts.

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:55 PM   #1485
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-03-26-07h09m46s196.png
Views:	20
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	207180

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-03-26-07h09m53s735.png
Views:	20
Size:	589.0 KB
ID:	207181

Giant Spock Clone. Okay, then.

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-03-26-03h59m43s569.png
Views:	23
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	207182

Spock...drawing a pentagram on the floor...okay then?

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-03-26-07h12m33s660.png
Views:	23
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	207183

oh no