Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Font sizes between books and pocket articles

I have an Aura HD and I am thinking of upgrading it to a Forma or a Libra H2O, however I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of one of my major annoyances.

I have to increase the font size when reading pocket articles, which results in the books having ridiculously large fonts. When I drop the book size down and go back to the pocket article, they are too small to read again. Having to keep shifting the fonts about is really annoying.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or whether there's a setting I'm missing to separate how the books and articles are formatted?

Does anyone know if this continues to be an issue with the Forma or Libra H2O?

Thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Are you reading epubs or kepubs? I believe kepubs and pocket articles are rendered at the same font size (in the absence of other book-specific specifications).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EPubs
Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
In my KA1 the problem is not present, I don't know if it is due to the resolution of the screen, or its size.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #5
omro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Are you reading epubs or kepubs? I believe kepubs and pocket articles are rendered at the same font size (in the absence of other book-specific specifications).
I converted the epub to a kepub and the issue, for that book at least, went away. I shall try more. Thank you for setting me on the path!
Advert
Old 09-14-2019, 04:33 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I converted the epub to a kepub and the issue, for that book at least, went away. I shall try more. Thank you for setting me on the path!
Happy reading!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
You might also want to check one of the patches in the Kobopatcher set. The ePub uniform font scale patch reduces the difference in font size between epub and kepub. Look for it in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote