Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #46
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
I have a feeling the battery is just as poor, if not poorer, than the ko2.
Don't say that

They made it bigger, and hopefully the new screen technology will be more optimized.

It's amazing how they took their strongest feature and made it their weakest in a span of a few years.
avivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #47
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by avivs View Post
Don't say that

They made it bigger, and hopefully the new screen technology will be more optimized.

It's amazing how they took their strongest feature and made it their weakest in a span of a few years.
It's only bigger by like 160 mAh.... So with the extra leds it will be chewed up pretty quickly....

Last edited by Tony1988; 07-24-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 10:16 AM   #48
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Thank you! I would like to thank my Mum, my Dad, my agent, God...

Don’t have that strange half cover. Only have the new one, in Merlot. So sorry i can’t help.

Thanks, that was pretty funny.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #49
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
It's only bigger by like 160 mAh.... So with the extra leds it will be chewed up pretty quickly....
Don't more LEDs mean less power to each LED, so no increase in total power to LEDs?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #50
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Don't more LEDs mean less power to each LED, so no increase in total power to LEDs?
Maybe, for the LEDs themselves. Some people may crank up the brightness to compensate for the yellowness. And now there are losses in two control/driver circuits instead of only one.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #51
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
It’s 11:56 a.m. and my kindle, which is supposedly arriving today, still hasn’t shipped! Nor does it have the serial no in manage my devices. So frustrating.... Yesterday it changed from 'will arrive tomorrow before 8 pm' to 'will arrive tomorrow before 11 pm'.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #52
Crisandria
Crisandria began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Signature Paperwhite, Oasis v1, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
It’s 11:56 a.m. and my kindle, which is supposedly arriving today, still hasn’t shipped! Nor does it have the serial no in manage my devices. So frustrating.... Yesterday it changed from 'will arrive tomorrow before 8 pm' to 'will arrive tomorrow before 11 pm'.
I received an email a little while ago “We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll send a confirmation as soon as it ships and communicate the expected delivery date. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

The Amazon site has not been updated with this delay. Still have no serial number, they gave no new ETA.
Crisandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #53
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisandria View Post
I received an email a little while ago “We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll send a confirmation as soon as it ships and communicate the expected delivery date. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

The Amazon site has not been updated with this delay. Still have no serial number, they gave no new ETA.
Pffff. What a joke. I could have got it from Best Buy this morning.

They got a Voyage to me in Panama on the day of release! But they can't get one to me here in US.

I bet I get the same email.

I hope you get better news soon. Did you preorder? I preordered on June 22!
Old 07-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #54
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I ordered on 29 June (32GB, Graphite, WiFi & Cellular) and was given a 31 July delivery date. However, this morning I received an email that I would now receive it either Friday (26 July) or Saturday (27 July). A quick perusal of the "All New Oasis" page on Amazon seems to indicate that all configurations are sold out, with more shipping on 30 July (depending on the variant ordered).
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #55
Pjama
Guru

And I just got the same email! So frustrating! They've had over a month to prepare my order.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #56
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
I got the same email this morning with no shipping date. It had continued to say arriving today on the site. Just got another email a few minutes ago. It has shipped and will be here tomorrow it says. Shipped UPS from Joiliet Illinois. Now have been charged, have serial number and no longer says arriving today. So hopefully you all will be also receiving that new email.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #57
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post
I got the same email this morning with no shipping date. It had continued to say arriving today on the site. Just got another email a few minutes ago. It has shipped and will be here tomorrow it says. Shipped UPS from Joiliet Illinois. Now have been charged, have serial number and no longer says arriving today. So hopefully you all will be also receiving that new email.
Oh, I hope so, thanks.

I'm on a chat with amazon CS and they are saying the order is delayed because it's out of stock. I don't understand how ordering it over a month in advance does not guarantee delivery on the launch date..
Old 07-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #58
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have received mine 4 hours ago.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #59
MerdaFit
MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.MerdaFit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
When did you pre-order?

I didn't order til July 14th and release date shipping wasn't an option. It still says arriving July 26th(Friday)...with these delays, now I'm concerned it will be pushed back and I'm leaving for vacation next week.
MerdaFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #60
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
I just received a similar e-mail. I ordered on the day it was announced. Amazon CS is saying I should see it within 48 hours.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote