Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Cepheus
Cepheus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do you view a page list in iBooks

I have an ePub with a page-list coded into it. The page list seems to work fine in Adobe Digital Editions and I can easily view the page list and navigate to corresponding pages in the ePub. But when I open the ePub in iBooks I don't see the page-list anywhere. The only navigational element I see is the TOC. Does iBooks support page-lists? Or am I missing some obscure preference option that will allow the page-list to be viewable?

Thanks ahead of time. Any help is appreciated.
Cepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would post this in the ePub forum here.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
I have an ePub with a page-list coded into it. The page list seems to work fine in Adobe Digital Editions and I can easily view the page list and navigate to corresponding pages in the ePub.
AFAIK, you can only switch between Apple Books page numbers and printed page numbers by tapping "Tap to show Apple Books page numbers" or "Tap to show printed page numbers" in the Contents tab.
If you want to see clickable page number links, you'll have to manually copy all nav pagelist entries from the nav page-list section to the nav toc section.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #4
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Indeed. Seems also the OP is not using an EPUB 3 page list.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibooks, navigation, pagelist