Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM   #226
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: KOBO Libra H2O, Kobo Clara HD, Inkpad 3, BOOX Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourneur View Post
I'm talking about the screen with the front light turned off.
Sorry you're right. Even so, the Kobo Libra H2O substrate is 8% -10% with a 3% darker deviation (Compared to Kobo Clara HD). Measured by probe with light OFF.
* If you do not have a probe, you can compare the level of sitting using photos -> and then compare (gray / level)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Yesterday at 11:24 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #227
SusanReads
SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
This problem was reflected in the first version of Kobo Clara HD. This problem was fixed in later models that were released later.

I had the same problem (Kobo Clara purchased right after release). Another Kobo Clara HD model (purchased March 2019) has already been fixed / fixed
But my Clara HD was from this year (or at least I bought it this year).

I sold it after a few weeks....
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #228
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
But my Clara HD was from this year (or at least I bought it this year).

I sold it after a few weeks....
I am sorry, I have experienced this disappointment several times. You may have bought this year but it was probably still in the store
previous model

Kobo Clara HD model (without negative impact):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Clara V2.png
Views:	431
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	173567  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Yesterday at 07:43 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM   #229
SusanReads
SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.SusanReads understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

The things you mention and show in your pictures about your Libra, Michal, are so different from my Libra it's strange. I think there are a lot of differences per device tbh. Not good, Kobo...

But at least I'm glad my Libra is everything I'd hoped for.

Perhaps you should try another one? If you can return this one that is.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #230
SusanReads

You can't see it very clearly, but there was a definite difference between these two screens (and not just as an optical illusion). The white one's screen was almost blueish and the black screen was sickly yellow.

My current Libra's screen is nice and white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	173566  
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #231
disconnected
Evangelist
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O2; Nook Glowlight 3; Oasis; Glo HD; Aura; iPAQ 4700(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
Sorry I can't comment on any comparison to the Forma since I've never held one. But The Libra is definitely hard plastic, and that's just fine with me. The rubbery ones always leave so many fingerprints. I'm very happy with the plastic.

I can agree on what you said about the Oasis. Cold, sharp, doesn't feel nice. The Libra is not that different in size and weight, but it doesn't feel (or look) cold like the Oasis.
Thanks. The white Libra has just shown up on the Walmart site so at least I'll be able to return it easily if I don't like it. I haven't quite made up my mind to order it yet. I think the plastic will make it harder to hold onto than the Forma. That, combined with the more fragile substrate, probably means I'd be reading it with the case on -- and the case weighs half as much as the Libra.

I guess what I really want is a true junior version of the Forma....preferably in red.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #232
haydnfan
Fanatic
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
To my eye the Clara HD is cool of neutral and the Libra is warm of neutral. I would not describe the Libra as "sickly yellow."

I bought the Libra and I'm very happy with it. The screen uniformity is excellent (but not as good as the Oasis 2 nor the Paperwhite 4). I do have a pinhole (if that is the right term) but other than that it is great. The contrast is very good, not quite as good as the Clara HD nor the Voyage but better than the Aura H2O 2. The Libra is also much more responsive than its predecessor and there is also no false page presses or any other issue with the touch screen. The page buttons are perfect. Neither overly stiff like a Nook nor overly soft like the Forma. The weight is just perfect. I also prefer having a matte screen over a glossy screen (looking like paper instead of like a tablet and not suffering from the fingerprint magnet problem that the Paperwhite 4 does).

The only thing I don't like about this model is that it has the same kind of back as the Clara HD which means in the summer it will be overly sweaty to me.

I'm happy to own a Kobo again, this model is excellent.

I swear that somebody on this thread or another asked about the page numbers. The book page numbers are based on font size now, something that I've always wanted. There is a progress bar on the bottom, which was my favorite part of older Kindles that Amazon did away with. That is my replacement for not seeing my bookmark slowly edge its way to the back of the book. I'm really to see chapter pages and book pages at once instead of having to toggle between them.

I'm a happy camper!
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #233
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
The screen uniformity is excellent (but not as good as the Oasis 2 nor the Paperwhite 4). I do have a pinhole (if that is the right term) but other than that it is great. The contrast is very good, not quite as good as the Clara HD nor the Voyage but better than the Aura H2O 2.
+1
I agree with you