Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #1681
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Something analogous to the kindle xray feature would be great.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #1682
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Something analogous to the kindle xray feature would be great.
Kobo had something like that called "Beyond the Book". The issue is that someone has to create/source the data, match it to the book and parts of the book, and then maintain it. That needs a lot of work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #1683
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikbi8 View Post
Hello, it could be a single Adult password (parental code). And an option lock could be added to the parameters menu on each epub (in the ... menu). If the pub is protected, it could be open only with parental code.

It seems to be the easiest way.

Thank you,
There’s a simpler way they could implement this. Allow passwords on collections. Any book in a password locked collection then requires that password even when accessed from outside the collection.

Removing books from the collection or deleting the collection would also require the password.

It’d get tricky if you wanted to create multiple collections with passwords especially if those passwords were different. But I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility.

That said I can’t see them making this a priority considering how long the parental controls took to be added and how niche I imagine the demand for this kind of management to be.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:22 PM   #1684
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I wish highlighting text would be more responsive (no delays, just like on a smartphone).

I wish the context menu that pops up after long-tapping was responsive (much shorter delay, like on a smartphone)
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #1685
fedex-bermu
fedex-bermu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
My 2 requests would be the following:

1- English is not my native language, and I read lots of books in that language, it would be great if, like in kindle, there could be somewhere where the words you looked for the dictionary definition, or marked. Because until now, I have to highlight the words I dont know, and then look in each book for those words, its tiresome, it would be great they are all in a central place
2- Maybe this feature already exists but I dont know how to rate books, most of my books are transfered via calibre because I buy most of them via google books, or local retailers, and there is nowhere where I can rate my books when I finish them. When you finish a book it should appear a message asking for a star rating, or somehting like that.
fedex-bermu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #1686
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex-bermu View Post
1- English is not my native language, and I read lots of books in that language, it would be great if, like in kindle, there could be somewhere where the words you looked for the dictionary definition, or marked. Because until now, I have to highlight the words I dont know, and then look in each book for those words, its tiresome, it would be great they are all in a central place
There is an unfinished MyWords (I think that is what it is called) feature that you can add words to that as you look it up. To enable it, you need to add an entry into the config file.
Quote:
2- Maybe this feature already exists but I dont know how to rate books, most of my books are transfered via calibre because I buy most of them via google books, or local retailers, and there is nowhere where I can rate my books when I finish them. When you finish a book it should appear a message asking for a star rating, or somehting like that.
You can rate purchased books, but not sideloaded books. For purchased books, it will show a page to rate them, write a review and some suggestions. At one time, you could also rate sideloaded books, but that was removed a long time ago.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #1687
rockisdead
rockisdead began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
1. You can load customized third-party dictionaries. Check this thread, https://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2531405
I'm not able to access the hipda site, says my ip addres is not allowed, is there anywhere else to get dictionaries? thanks.
rockisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #1688
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
After using 4.17:

- Option for the progress bar to display chapter progress.
- Return of the reading statistics shortcut in the in-book menu.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:47 AM   #1689
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kobo Aura2
Request Immediate screen full refresh after coming out of sleep.
darker Remnants/artifacts of the cover shown during sleep.
Now with the latest 4.18 FW, there are fuzzed sections until the screen full refreshes
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #1690
Smannesman
Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'd quite like the option to just have the page number at the bottom of the screen, it's nice that options have been added to display progress but I like it when there's just a page number and not the book title and other information at the bottom.
Like it was before 4.18 basically.
Also it's a bit strange how the new header/footer in-book menu has a different look to the rest of the Kobo firmware. It's a nice look though.
Smannesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:24 AM   #1691
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Full complement of glyphs in the bundled Avenir Next font. The included Amasis & Malabar fonts have been updated in recent firmware versions to include non-Latin glyphs but Avenir was not.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #1692
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Full complement of glyphs in the bundled Avenir Next font. The included Amasis & Malabar fonts have been updated in recent firmware versions to include non-Latin glyphs but Avenir was not.
What glyphs exactly is Avenir Next missing? Are you asking to have some added that are not part of the font or are you asking to have some added that are part of the font but are missing?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #1693
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What glyphs exactly is Avenir Next missing? Are you asking to have some added that are not part of the font or are you asking to have some added that are part of the font but are missing?
The latter. The ones Nook's version has and Kobo's doesn't.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #1694
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
The latter. The ones Nook's version has and Kobo's doesn't.
if you have the nook version of Avenir next, just put it into the fonts directory and it will override the one Kobo supplies.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #1695
dmapr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you have the nook version of Avenir next, just put it into the fonts directory and it will override the one Kobo supplies.

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo