Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #16
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Any one who has served in the Armed Forces has went thru hell the people in a mud run will never experience. I am from the south and never heard of this. I would say it is either a redneck or hillybilly thing. Since I am in Kentucky and live on a farm most people consider me both. Never heard of a mudder run.

for serving and protecting me
Well, reading even the opening part of the book might give some insight into that, but I can't bring myself even to download the book.

I can't believe that I just did this, but I googled "mudder" and there were quite a few hits, including for a Wikipedia article on "Tough Mudder." Honestly, I don't want to read or know any more about it, but just scanning the article, it appears that it was started by the Brits, of all people, picked up by armed forces, and in the United States Northerners (not rednecks or hillbillies as I, too, would have thought, KyBunnies) have been/were the early adopters.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-03-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

99 cent Kindle Book on the Holocaust

I Shall Live: Surviving the Holocaust Against All Odds. By Henry Orenstein. Rated 4 1/2 stars out of 156 reviews, at the present moment. Print list price $15.95; Digital list price $15.95; Kindle price $0.99. http://www.amazon.com/Shall-Live-Sur...ainst+All+Odds.

I Shall Live tells the gripping true story of the Orensteins, a Jewish family living in Poland during the Second World War. When Henry Orenstein and his siblings end up in a series of concentrations camps, Orenstein's bravery and quick thinking help him to save himself and his brothers from execution by playing a role in the greatest hoax ever pulled on the upper echelons of Nazi command, including Heinrich Himmler.

Orenstein's lucid prose recreates this horrific time in history and his constant struggle for survival as the Nazis move him and his brothers through five concentration camps. His description of their roles in the fake Chemical Commando sheds new light on an incredible and generally unknown event in the history of the Holocaust. This edition of
I Shall Live contains new evidence about this fake Commando, including letters to and from Himmler himself.
Advert
Old 05-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Any one who has served in the Armed Forces has went thru hell the people in a mud run will never experience. I am from the south and never heard of this. I would say it is either a redneck or hillybilly thing. Since I am in Kentucky and live on a farm most people consider me both. Never heard of a mudder run.
Nor had I, but it looks a bit like some of the reality show contest I see advertised. Our obstacle courses were often muddy, simply because it rained (a lot), so such a contest would not be what we did for fun (no, we did things like waterskiing in the shark-infested canals around the base or driving jeeps into the mud to see how far they would go ... sort of the same thing, perhaps, but with lots of loud engines).

As for books, many of us read (a lot). There are all kinds of jobs in the service (even if we did all use a rifle to protect the right to pursue them). Of course, those in my areas read a lot more than did some in other MOS's.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #19
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Koland, I do not have a television. I can only get satellite and it is to expensive. I like my satellite internet better

Last edited by KyBunnies; 05-03-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #20
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I was a sailor, and there was plenty of time for reading during a six- to nine-month deployment.
Advert
Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #21
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm an Army veteran and have also been a mudder. I was rmarried to a ranger and gave birth to aS.E.A.L. both of whom assured me I wasn't imagining things, it's a tough damn course
Old 05-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #22
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
HarperCollins has a few interesting books on sale right now for $1.99.

By Bruce Feiler:

Walking the Bible: A Journey by Land Through the Five Books of Moses
B&N eBooks.com Amazon

Abraham: A Journey to the Heart of Three Faiths
B&N eBooks.com Amazon

Feiler's not exactly a theologian, but he is a good storyteller. Walking the Bible has been on sale a number of times before, but this is the first time I've seen Abraham.

Mind of the Raven by Bernd Heinrich
B&N eBooks.com Amazon

A Garden of Marvels by Ruth Kassinger
B&N eBooks.com Amazon

I included the ebooks.com link in case someone likes PDFs. The first three of the four are available as both epub and PDF with the same purchase at ebooks.com.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
I was just coming here to post that! Here's the Kindle link, if anyone wants to join me in reporting the lower price to Amazon.
Amazon today has The Normans for 99 cents.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #24
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Kindle Freebie on Raisin' Teens

And Then I Had Teenagers: Encouragement for Parents of Teens and Preteens. By Susan Alexander Yates. Digital list price $5.99; Kindle price $0.00. Four and a half stars, at the present moment, from 11 reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Then-Had-Teena...s+and+Preteens.

From the Back Cover
"What if I've already messed up my kid?"
"What if she turns out like me?"
"What if he gets into drugs?"
"What if he rejects God?"

If you have questions like these, Susan Alexander Yates, bestselling author of
And Then I Had Kids, has guidance and encouragement for you. Drawing from her experience raising five teenagers, Yates walks you through everything from preparing for the teen years to letting your teens go. Her insight will help you create open communication, set limits, understand what's normal (and what's not!), take advantage of peer pressure, build your teens' faith, and much more.

You can survive these crazy years and grow closer to your teens even as you prepare them for life after high school. Susan Alexander Yates shows you how!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #25
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
It's $4.61 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
And Then I Had Teenagers: Encouragement for Parents of Teens and Preteens. By Susan Alexander Yates. Digital list price $5.99; Kindle price $0.00. Four and a half stars, at the present moment, from 11 reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Then-Had-Teena...s+and+Preteens.

From the Back Cover
"What if I've already messed up my kid?"
"What if she turns out like me?"
"What if he gets into drugs?"
"What if he rejects God?"

If you have questions like these, Susan Alexander Yates, bestselling author of
And Then I Had Kids, has guidance and encouragement for you. Drawing from her experience raising five teenagers, Yates walks you through everything from preparing for the teen years to letting your teens go. Her insight will help you create open communication, set limits, understand what's normal (and what's not!), take advantage of peer pressure, build your teens' faith, and much more.

You can survive these crazy years and grow closer to your teens even as you prepare them for life after high school. Susan Alexander Yates shows you how!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #26
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
It's $4.61 now
It's still free at Google Play. I've noticed that they tend to start and end sales later than some of the other sellers, so if it looks like I missed a freebie by a few hours, it's worth checking Google.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #27
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
It's still free at Google Play. I've noticed that they tend to start and end sales later than some of the other sellers, so if it looks like I missed a freebie by a few hours, it's worth checking Google.
Thanks...I'll look at that.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
It's $4.61 now
Sorry. I always wonder, when I post a book, how long it will remain the discounted price. Some MR posters seem to have an uncanny ability to feel how long a deal will last. Can anyone clue me in?

And, thanks Diffulgia for your helpful information about Google Play. I'm sure that I've missed out on some books because I didn't know about this.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Most christian publisher's deals last one day (but not all). Most stores change prices at midnight in "their" timezone.

A few are eastern and central; Amazon is later (pacific). Google? I can never tell, but I think they have theirs from the "first timezone" to the "last timezone" instead of a strict 24 hour day - that puts the end of the sale in Hawaii's timezone, I think, which is..?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:39 AM   #30
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Hawaii timezone is -6 Eastern or -11 London (GMT) time.

or - 5 Central, -4 Mountain, -3 Pacific

So if it is 3 pm in Eastern time it would be 9 am Hawaii time
Closed Thread