Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What otherworldly book will we read in October?
The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier 9 75.00%
Stargazing by Peter Hill 4 33.33%
Mary Rose by Geoffrey Girard 4 33.33%
Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino 4 33.33%
The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde 6 50.00%
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North 4 33.33%
Against the Fall of Night by Arthur C. Clarke 4 33.33%
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #16
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I hope all goes well for you and your town, astrangerhere.
I'm flooded in now with a washed out bridge and road, but no danger to the house. On a happier note, I spent all last evening reading The House on the Strand and am enjoying it quite a bit.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #17
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm flooded in now with a washed out bridge and road, but no danger to the house. On a happier note, I spent all last evening reading The House on the Strand and am enjoying it quite a bit.
Glad you checked in and are OK!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #18
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Glad you checked in and are OK!
The water crested about 10 feet up. Came right to our front door and THANKFULLY no further. The fire department is here now boating people out of homes that did flood. I never thought I'd see a boat paddling down my neighborhood drive.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #19
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Scary stuff. Glad you're OK, and hope it stays that way!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #20
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I do hope it doesn’t come any higher, as I understand the rain and flooding have by no means finished yet.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you, astrangerhere!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote