Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #1531
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Was going to suggest to 5WW that we sell Thing One and Thing Two for scientific experiments, but I'm still recovering from the "Indecent Proposal" post...
Some people get really touchy when you suggest they sell their children. I don't understand it myself. If they weren't for sale, why are we able to make so many of them? And why is it so much fun to do so? Facebook is filled with the little things! Hell, even MY daughter-in-law and son just had one a few days ago. Best time to sell 'em, before they eat you out of house and home, start demanding cell phones, Wii, eye-liner, Nike sneakers, etc. Despite my counseling, they even named him! I'm afraid they're going to want to keep him...

I'm going to bake some baklava and calm myself with sugar.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #1532
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@Stitchawl

I would say congrats on your new family member, but it sounds like I would be out of line.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #1533
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
@Stitchawl

I would say congrats on your new family member, but it sounds like I would be out of line.

BOb

It's sort of like being asked to take care of a puppy for a weekend. By Sunday night you hate to give 'em back. That's prolly the case with my son. He'll probably want to keep the baby. I know his mother made me keep him, no matter how many ice floes I wanted to set him adrift on. Good thing too... He actually turned into a nice fellow! But not everybody gets that lucky.

Stitchawl
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1534
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
When people ask why we only have one child, I always reply, "Because God only gives us what we can handle."
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #1535
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
When people ask why we only have one child, I always reply, "Because God only gives us what we can handle."

I thought that was the reason for only allowing one wife or husband at a time.

Stitchawl
Old 04-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #1536
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
So, I sort of gave up on the homemade mayo (kept forgetting to buy the right cooking oil - I'll get back to it one day, though), and now I'm on a mission to perfect Mark Bittman's No-Knead Bread.

Anyone ever try it?

If I ever produce a loaf that comes out pretty, I'll post a picture!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #1537
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Tamerind Shrimp (Goong Pad Makam)

500gm Shrimp (can be made with boneless chicken breasts too, cut bite-size)

Fried Shallots for topping (slice thin and sloooowly deep fry until golden brown. Drain)

Make paste with:
Garlic - 4 cloves
Thai Prik Chilies - 2
Cilantro roots - 3
Shallots - 1/2 cup

Chicken Broth - 1 cup
Tamarind Paste - 3 or 4 TBSP
Nam Pla (fish sauce) - 1.5 TBSP
Palm sugar - 3 TBSP (Use dark brown sugar if you can't find palm sugar. Do NOT use white sugar.)

Peel and devein shrimp (or cut up chicken)
Mash together paste ingredients (Mortar and pestle is best but food processor works)

Fry shrimp lightly in oil. Remove shrimp. Add paste to cooled oil and fry until fragrant. Add chicken broth, Tamarind paste, nam pla, and sugar. Boil to reduce until thick, stirring often. Add shrimp back in and cook two minutes. Serve over rice with fried shallots as topping.

Stitchawl
Old 04-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #1538
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Mmmmmmm
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote