Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #61
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
have a look at this thread on Mac Rumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937722

Seems you need to export the file in Pages on your iPad first.

Also it seems that there is some shareware for the Mac that you can use to automate this ...

As for more than one person using your iMac. Make users for each member of the family. The user management in OS X works nicely. Then whenever the computer is free you can use your login to sync with your iPad. The other members of the family won't have access to your files (unless they know your password)
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
have a look at this thread on Mac Rumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=937722

Seems you need to export the file in Pages on your iPad first.

Also it seems that there is some shareware for the Mac that you can use to automate this ...

As for more than one person using your iMac. Make users for each member of the family. The user management in OS X works nicely. Then whenever the computer is free you can use your login to sync with your iPad. The other members of the family won't have access to your files (unless they know your password)
Thanks! That works on my PC as well.

Using the mac is a pain because it's in the other room, away from all my research material. Then there's the problem of access. With my son and grandson both in the house, I rarely have the opportunity to sync my iPod, much less work on files created on the iPad.

Now if only someone can cone up with a solution to retrieving the notes and annotations!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #63
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Nice kjk

I bet this helps some folks....
It's already helped me... I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to transfer some of my doc files to my ipad!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #64
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I understand the kindle app now supports side loading, although I've yet to try that out.
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #65
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
It's already helped me... I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to transfer some of my doc files to my ipad!
I usually transfer the files by clicking on the word processing app in iTunes when I have it synced with my iPad. Is this what you do? (Of course, you can always transfer them via email as an attachment, but this is a rather awkward way to transfer larger numbers of files.)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #66
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by januaryman View Post
I understand the kindle app now supports side loading, although I've yet to try that out.
It sort of happens automatically. I have some mobi books that were liberated that i wanted to load to the iBooks with Calibre. I moved them to Main Memory and after synch, I couldn't find them. A while later, I was going to the K4iP app and there they were. Slick, really, but you have to know to look for them in more than one place.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #67
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Spent the drive from Medford, Oregon to Portland trying all kinds of searches to no avail, and since a lot of this thread is about apps, I'll toss the question out here. Actually, spent the time playing with my new iPad bought in Medford. Was contemplating nook color as a secondary reader in the dark, but also an iPhone when my contract expired, with a geocaching app. Took the Best Buy price reduction (and no sales tax)as a sign from heaven (read " excuse") to fill the bill, since an iPad 3G is just a giant iPhone without the phone part.

Anyway. I found the answer to my own question in Aug 10 that a nook book can be shared (as opposed to "loaned") by either copying via a thumb drive or emailing to another person with a nook or Nook for PC/Mac. When it is brought into the target program, the CC# and original name is typed in. From then on books can be shared w/o the CC#/name.

My question is whether there is a way for this to work getting a B&N book into the iPad Nook app? Or is sharing a single B&N acct the only way to put the bok on both iPads?

A shared acct is no biggie, since I have never bought an eBook on my acct. Naturally, the other way is to share books, since I am a fast reader. Which raisesits own question: Can Nook books be loaned from one iPad nook app to another? My presumption is that the "loan" is done between nook accts, not actual devices.

Thanks for any clarity added.

Last edited by eGeezer; 03-14-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarify iPad 3G for the detail-oriented
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #68
Vengadesan
Technologist
Vengadesan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am facing blank page issue in iPad which is not appears in ADE.
Vengadesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengadesan View Post
I am facing blank page issue in iPad which is not appears in ADE.
Problem solved.

Just go download the FREE Bluefire Reader app for the iPad. It uses ADE and just works better then iBooks. Plus you can side load ePub eBooks onto it via iTunes. Also it supports Adobe's Adept DRM and library ePubs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #70
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
CHM has a dedicated reader app: CHMate

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id324516521?mt=8
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #71
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
CHM has a dedicated reader app: CHMate

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id324516521?mt=8
Sounds good, except for the part about only being able to search the table of contents or the page you are reading. It needs to be able to do a global search.

Still, I might try it out.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #72
Ralph GB Cox
Ralph GB Cox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Time set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've got the WiFi only version, but my clock is absolutely accurate. I've got WiFi on almost all the time and browse the web frequently a few times per day; maybe this makes the difference...
My iPad 1 WiFi seems to keep good time too, but I cannot find a slider, in "General" or anywhere else, that says anything about setting time automatically.
Ralph GB Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #73
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph GB Cox View Post
My iPad 1 WiFi seems to keep good time too, but I cannot find a slider, in "General" or anywhere else, that says anything about setting time automatically.
Should be under Settings/General/Date & Time/ Set Automatically.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Is there a way to copy and download passages from books read in iBooks?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #75
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Is there a way to copy and download passages from books read in iBooks?
Your own content, yes. I believe books bought from the iBooks store have the option to disable copying of text. The book I bought has copy disabled.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote