Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
what happened with the planned 13" pocketbook ereader?

Is cancelled for good? Are they not going to release anything to compete with onyx?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:45 PM   #2
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
I'm curious about this too.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1 and Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 and Basic
In October 2017 I was at the Frankfurt Book Fair (Germany) and talked to the guy from pocketbook. He had a sony dpt rp1 in his bag. I questioned him about the CAD and he said they where working together with sony at the moment to rebrand the Sony device and sell it in Europe (because it is only available in Japan and US) – with their own software. Asked when they expect to hit the marked, he said next summer, so summer 2018. As I have not heard anything yet I suppose it was just fair-talk... but I really don't know...
I would love to see a pocketbook 13" – I think they have a very powerful user interface, which is very stable. And I trust the company as I had only good experience with them.
EmilThelonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilThelonius View Post
In October 2017 I was at the Frankfurt Book Fair (Germany) and talked to the guy from pocketbook. He had a sony dpt rp1 in his bag. I questioned him about the CAD and he said they where working together with sony at the moment to rebrand the Sony device and sell it in Europe (because it is only available in Japan and US) – with their own software. Asked when they expect to hit the marked, he said next summer, so summer 2018. As I have not heard anything yet I suppose it was just fair-talk...
Netronix's 13.3" reader was unofficial copy of Sony's 1st generation Digital Paper. Probably without Sony's permission and that's why it never took off.

Since the beginning of Russian-Ukraine war (since 2014-present) Pocketbook is in limbo. It would be a big surprise to see rebranded Digital Paper with Pocketbook name.
But you never say never.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote