Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #31
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
This problem happens with purchased books as well and happens even if just ePub books are on the device.

The solution is to open a different book than the one with the error.

Then open the problem book to page 1.

That cures the error for me.

Also, if it really locks, just charge it for 15 minutes and the lock is overridden.

Interesting. This has never workded for me. Once I start getting the error, I have to reset.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:14 AM   #32
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I went off my reader for a while when my library got epubs and I first started experiencing this issue. As netarc said, one of the best advantages for me to the sony is the ability to read library books. I've always been an avid library-goer, so switching over to buying all my books just didn't make sense to me. Sure I'll buy at times, but I'm more of a borrower. I had this problem even with only getting epub or pdf for a while, so i finally just stopped getting library pdf. any other kind of pdf is fine. it's just the library (drm) versions that seem to mess me up. good thing my library is getting more epub.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #33
chanelbarbie
chanelbarbie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I just encountered this problem today. I checked out 4 books - 2 in Epub and 2 in PDF. I get the Protected Page error in the PDF form. It's a bummer because on of those books in a cookbook that I wanted to make something from today.
chanelbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
EasyAs123
Love to Read
EasyAs123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (gift), Sony PRS-T1, Nook HD+ 32GB
Arrghh! I have only ePub formatted books..some purchased, some downloaded. The last downloaded item gives me the page protected error. Additionally, it stalls as it tries to sync a book. I deleted that book, and now it stalls on the next book. Is my only option to reset?

I'm going to check other threads for additional answers. I've only had my reader for about a month and love that I can use the Philadelphia Free Library, but now my reader is useless. I can't download anything.
EasyAs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #35
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook & PRS-600
Most frustrating, isn't it?

Yes, it's a problem ... especially if your library - like many - offers a mix of EPUB and PDF that have DRM protections.

Yes, it's a SONY-specific firmware bug. (We have a nook in the house now - on which EPUB and PDF files from our library co-exist BEAUTIFULLY side-by-side without any errors.)

Yes, SONY's response instead of fixing the problem is to simply tell us morons that we should refrain from USING two different files formats. Of course, it's our fault. How silly of us to believe their product might work the way any reasonable person might expect.

Can you imagine if Windows or Snow Leopard could not let you use both TXT and DOC files on your computer? "Please delete all of your files and make sure you are only using one file type, please." Thanks, SONY - great solution.

If I could return this reader to SONY, I most certainly would. Meanwhile, for future purchases I will look for every opportunity to buy a non-SONY competitor's offering in any product type in any electronics category ... audio, video, music, computer, you name it.

SONY's lack of a fix for such a blatant defect in functionality is one thing - but their lack of even acknowledging the problem as one of their own making is beyond unacceptable as a way to deal with us moron customers.
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #36
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
Most frustrating, isn't it?

Yes, it's a problem ... especially if your library - like many - offers a mix of EPUB and PDF that have DRM protections.

Yes, it's a SONY-specific firmware bug. (We have a nook in the house now - on which EPUB and PDF files from our library co-exist BEAUTIFULLY side-by-side without any errors.)

Yes, SONY's response instead of fixing the problem is to simply tell us morons that we should refrain from USING two different files formats. Of course, it's our fault. How silly of us to believe their product might work the way any reasonable person might expect.

Can you imagine if Windows or Snow Leopard could not let you use both TXT and DOC files on your computer? "Please delete all of your files and make sure you are only using one file type, please." Thanks, SONY - great solution.

If I could return this reader to SONY, I most certainly would. Meanwhile, for future purchases I will look for every opportunity to buy a non-SONY competitor's offering in any product type in any electronics category ... audio, video, music, computer, you name it.

SONY's lack of a fix for such a blatant defect in functionality is one thing - but their lack of even acknowledging the problem as one of their own making is beyond unacceptable as a way to deal with us moron customers.
You again?
How many times can you post the same thing?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
You again?
How many times can you post the same thing?
I initiated a single post on the topic. Then I only responded to posts initiated by others who agree there is an issue.

Having spoken with SONY today, I was told (politely) that those of us dissatisfied with this product design defect are out of luck.

Apparently my posts on this problem annoy you - please accept my apologies.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #38
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well if you talked with Sony and they said no, then it's not going to do much good to keep repeating your complaint, better to spend your time finding a new and better reader.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #39
ejm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well if you talked with Sony and they said no, then it's not going to do much good to keep repeating your complaint, better to spend your time finding a new and better reader.
That's a fair point. I'm afraid that's what I'm now forced to do.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
I initiated a single post on the topic. Then I only responded to posts initiated by others who agree there is an issue.
You searched the forums for every related thread, even those that died a year ago, to attach your tirade against Sony to. We get it: Sony didn't do what you wanted them to, and you hate them. You don't have to spam up the entire forum because of it.

That is not the behavior of a person who wants to discuss a problem. That is the behavior of a person who wants attention, and not in a good way. We do not act like that in MobileRead.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #41
ejm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
You searched the forums for every related thread, even those that died a year ago, to attach your tirade against Sony to. We get it: Sony didn't do what you wanted them to, and you hate them. You don't have to spam up the entire forum because of it.

That is not the behavior of a person who wants to discuss a problem. That is the behavior of a person who wants attention, and not in a good way. We do not act like that in MobileRead.
I've tried to be factual and always respectful in posting on this forum. Apparently my concerns about Sony's defective product are not welcomed here so I'll refrain from bothering you further.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #42
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The problem is not whether or not your posts are factual, nor what you think about the Sony Reader. The problem is that you feel it necessary to spam by posting essentially the same thing in five different threads. Are you somehow not comprehending this?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote