Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
A primer I wrote for my exercise video friends

Friends at my exercise video message board (hi, VF lurkers who followed me here!) seem very interested in the e-thing lately, and I have been responding to a deluge of off-topic threads (and PMs) there about it. So I put together a little primer for them. Many are not that techie so I limited it to the three 'big' brands for now and referred them here for further questions. I am thinking of editing this a little and posting it elsewhere on the web to help other ebook newbies. Can anyone have a quick look and tell me what you think? I am pretty sure you can view the thread without registering, but I can post it elsewhere if need be. And if you are there and you find you are interested in exercise videos, we would love to have you

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...08#post1431508
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nicely written, but very "US-centric"; the situation is VERY different elsewhere in the world - eg B&N are not a player in other countries; the Sony eBook store is ONLY available in the US (people in other countries use other ePub stores), etc.

ePub is the completely dominant standard in Europe; might be an idea to mention a few other ePub-supporting devices - Bookeen, Hanlin V3/V5, and so on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Sony bookstore is available in Canada as well. Barnes & Noble is not a player here either Didn't want to overload them with devices as most of them are newbies and not very tecie, but I did mention the other brands and refer them here
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote