Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #1
phkoech
phkoech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Automatically grab news at windows startup ?

I want Calibre to automatically grab news and send it to my ebook when I start Windows.

The only way I've found to do that is to schedule my news in Calibre (egg at 7 am) and automatically start Calibre at windows startup.

The problem with my solution is that Calibre windows appear at each windows startup, and I have to hide it manually.

What is the best solution to do that ? Should I use command line to run Calibre in silent mode at windows startup ?
phkoech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Hmmm, I just leave Calibre running on my linux box and attach my reader briefly in the morning to sync the scheduled downloaded news for reading on the way to work. Works for me. Of course I never turn the damn thing off

Other than that, yes, it looks like you will be running commandline. Look at ebook-convert (linked to the recipe section of the manual) and ebook-device which is undocumented as of yet but will yield info when executed from the commandline.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre has a --start-in-tray option, use it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
phkoech
phkoech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for this usefull start-in-tray option. That's exactly what I wanted
phkoech is offline   Reply With Quote