Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
The file list

Just a question. I have more than 1000 papers stored in the DX. So I have a very long list of all the files. Need I move the 5-way down one by one until I find what I want to read. I think this is boring because I can not click the 5-way 500 times before I find the file. Or the list can be divided into pages and I can use to 5-way to turn page? I think this should be faster.

Also could someone tell me whether I search a file in the list, no matter which format the file is? I mean the file could be pdf, txt,etc.

Last edited by yingwu; 06-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
drzeller
drzeller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PC, Windows Mobile Phones
You could use the Next Page button (not 5-way) to scroll by pages. You could also search for the file you want. Based on the wording of your question, it sounds like you already have the DX, so go ahead and play with it. You won't hurt anything.

D.
drzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Assuming it works like the K2 ... if you know the title (and if it is sorted by titles), you can type in the first letter of the title and click to go to the paper. Even if you don't you could type in a random letter such as "M" and click to skip all the "A" through "L" titles.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
If you sort by title or author, you can use the first letter of the title or author to go to that point in the book listing, but only if that letter exists. For example, if no Q exists, it won't take you to R. If you sort by most recent first, you can put in the number of the page in the listing you want to go to.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Thanks for the clarification, sirbruce.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert