Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
Leatherpleasures
Leatherpleasures began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Please help.....Error code =-5

Hi guys,
sorry if this question has been asked before, i have been scrolling through and not found anything so sorry if i have missed it!
anyhow, i have a sony ereader and i am using pdf's most of the time and never had a problem. i have this on file which i can open and read on my computer but when i try and open it on the ereader library software it says fsk error code=-5 and when it is transfered to my ereader it has the title of the book but says there are 0 pages.
i would be grateful for any suggestions on this!
many thanks!
Leatherpleasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You say that you read PDFs most of the time but the rest of the post sounds like the file in question is not a PDF. What type of file is it and how large is it?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Leatherpleasures
Leatherpleasures began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Hiya RWood!
Sorry if i wasn't too clear about it all! The file in question is a pdf and it is 995kb, so not a big one!
Leatherpleasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have a link to this PDF?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Alreader
Alreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I have the same problem with a 1.2MB pdf. Picture cover, regular book like pages viewed on the computer (in my case with Firefox) but the code=-5 message when imported to eLibrary. Any ideas anyone please?
Alreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Alreader
Alreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Unhappy error code -5

Further to my previous the pdf may be password protected, though I can't see it and checked it unblocked in firefox, as Adobe digital 1.7 says when I tried to import it "This version of Digital Editions does not support password-protected documents." It was made in Acrobat PDFMaker 9.0 for Word

Al
Alreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
was a solution ever found for this problem? because I'm getting it on a html2lrf conversion. To be fair the file is about 10k pages long and the error crops up halfway through.

I'm thinking the size of the file may be the problem?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote