Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Weird Voyage experience

I had an issue a few weeks ago with special offers claiming I wasn't connected to wifi. Well I was so I tried everything and finally a reset, which I hate because you then have to go through that setup crap again with it showing you how to use the device. Well a reset brought back the special offers. It happened again today so finally a reset and wonder of wonders special offers are gone, including the drop down menu. I have screen savers and no swipe to begin. Not sure I like that so much as it didn't bother me to have to swipe as I didn't worry about opening the case and having the page turn on me so I think I will have to go to home screen every time I stop reading instead. I wonder if my battery life will be better with wifi on now that special offers are gone. Certainly not going to call and complain. I checked the web page of devices and it still says special offers.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Lucky you, I hate having to swipe. It often seems to take 2 or 3 swipes. I'm not going to pay to get rid of the swipe, though, I already paid too much
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Well ads ended up coming back but I got Amazon to remove them for free since it kept losing the ads and saying that it wasn't connected to wifi when I could connect to the store and download books. I kept having to reset which meant I kept having to download the books again. They did a one off removal because of this issue.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You misspelled 'wierd.'

Would you like me to correct your error?

Or was that part of your strategy?

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
First off I bought my voyage with the ads turned off. I had the paperwhite with the ads, and even after paying to stop them I had issues. I have never had an issue with the voyage.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
janrey
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You misspelled 'wierd.'

Would you like me to correct your error?

Or was that part of your strategy?

Don
(Moderator)
Not a problem, if you're bothered by it go ahead...I know how to spell weird, my fingers however don't always like to hit the right keys in the right order.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
The problem is that the spelling of weird doesn't follow the rules. Maybe it should be pronounced "wared," like neighbor.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Both misspellings now corrected.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote