Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
ppoppo
ppoppo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
How to update English FW?

Hi Everyone,
I buy PRS-T2 in Japan and it only contains Japanese interface.

Does anyone know to update the FW to English interface?

Thank you ...
ppoppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Looks like nobody here knows. Have you tried contacting Sony's service department?

Sony also has a forum where Sony people sometimes answer the questions:
http://community.sony.com/t5/Reader-...reader-digital

I hope you find an answer.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The short answer is.. you can't do this yourself without rooting the device.. the firmware is different from country to country not just because of language but because there are different legal issues around copyright/eula/regulatory compliance etc... sony support is your best hope which means very little hope at all... good luck and let us know how you get on
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
ppoppo
ppoppo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Looks like nobody here knows. Have you tried contacting Sony's service department?

Sony also has a forum where Sony people sometimes answer the questions:
http://community.sony.com/t5/Reader-...reader-digital

I hope you find an answer.
yeah .. I mailed to SONY service but no response.
I will take a look at the forum.

Anyway thank you for your information.
ppoppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Ppoppo, i have the opposite situation: I have the US T2, but would prefer the Japanese version. If you're in the US or Canada, perhaps we could work something out.
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert