Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #106
terragady
terragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW1
Hi all, I have kobo touch and my latest firmware which I could sync with kobo desktop is 2.1.5 . Why there is no 2.2.1 and 2.3.1 ? My Kobo is from Scotland.
Can I install files from here without problems? Or there is something like country branding or something like this?
After 2.3.1 install from file can I back to 2.1.5 with kobo desktop?
terragady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #107
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo do not release upgrades to all people at the same time; they seem (unfortunatel for many) to be staggered.

The official response is to wait till it is offered to you.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #108
koboaya
koboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animalskoboaya is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch,Kobo Glo
Hi

In Japan.New Firmware released.

Touch
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.2.zip

Glo
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.2.zip

It's bug fix Version?
koboaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #109
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboaya View Post
It's 2.3.2 (r45813, dated Dec. 20th), testing it now
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #110
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
It's 2.3.2 (r45813, dated Dec. 20th), testing it now
And? Is it any good? What changed since 2.3.1?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #111
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
And? Is it any good? What changed since 2.3.1?
There was no changelog supplied so all we can do is guess. On the home screen they fiex the bug where when selecting a book the top border would "blink", can't think of another word for it. Otherwise I don't see any differences. If someone wnats me to test something, tell me.
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #112
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Corrected too: Back of the deleted shelves (empty) when doing a sync.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #113
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
There was no changelog supplied so all we can do is guess. On the home screen they fiex the bug where when selecting a book the top border would "blink", can't think of another word for it. Otherwise I don't see any differences. If someone wnats me to test something, tell me.

Well for me it was the home screen reflecting what I had set from the sd card. Where usually it shows the books from the main memory for a few seconds, then it shows the actual books I am reading all on the Sd Card. I like that change the most where the real books are displayed always, not the main memory then the sd card.

REgards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #114
komi
komi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
'Glo' firmware 2.3.2 works on mini

just got a kobo mini and immediately set about subverting the registration process and updating the firmware.

i notice there's some confusion regarding the Glo and Mini. i decided to just go ahead and throw 2.3.2 on there and see if it worked (i use linux and have no account with kobo and don't want one and don't feel like using a vm to sniff their software's packets etc...).

anyway, the device is not bricked! the update was applied successfully, everything seems to work. i wonder what happens if you try to apply the wrong firmware to a kobo? maybe it refuses? i haven't tried actually reading a book yet...time to play with calibre!

by the way, thanks to all on this forum for the info.

in case anyone hasn't seen it, this blog looks like an excellent kobo hacking resource.
komi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #115
superfly1031
superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
The 2.3.2 firmware works correctly on my kobo mini
superfly1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #116
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
I seem to have lost the feature to set the last read book as "screensaver."
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #117
timss
timss began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicklishOwl View Post
My Kobo Glo and Touch just updated to 2.3.1. I'm in Chicago, so if you're in the midwest try syncing.

Firmware 2.3.1 for the Kobo Glo can be downloaded here:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.1.zip

and

Firmware 2.3.1 for Kobo Touch can be downloaded here:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.3.1.zip

Happy reading!
Just upgraded my kobo touch to version 2.3.0. What a disaster! Nothing works. Will the version 2.3.1 above fix it, and what are the steps?

Many thanks

Timss
timss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #118
superfly1031
superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
Hi timss,

you need to extract the exact innards of the zip file to the .kobo directory, then restart the machine.
superfly1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #119
timss
timss began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly1031 View Post
Hi timss,

you need to extract the exact innards of the zip file to the .kobo directory, then restart the machine.
It was 2.3.1 I had, downloaded from kobo today, though it says 2.3.0 in device information.
It was offered to my device by kobo desktop, yet it was a disaster. Maybe cuz I have a 32GB SD card ( I know, I'll never fill it)

I got the ver. 2.15 from the link in this forum, did a factory reset and put in the 2.15. now everything seems to work again. It even kept my shelves, though they are empty.
timss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #120
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
WARNING: I've received a report that recently manufactured Touches may use the Glo firmware. Make sure you are loading the correct version of the firmware for your particular device. Yes, this means the one you are holding in your hands.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote