Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
straygator
Connoisseur
straygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Enlarging book cover icons?

At the risk of being nominated for the Stupid Question of the Week: does anyone know how to (or if you can) enlarge the book cover icons on the Kindle's home page? Enlarging the book text is easy enough, but it's hard to see much detail on the covers prior to buying the book. I guess I'm getting old . . .
straygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I'm not aware of any way to enlarge the book cover unless you're in the book itself. If you have the book open and press Menu, then "Go to," and select "cover," that's about the largest version you're going to see on the Kindle.

You mention "prior to buying the book," so I'm not sure if that helps you. If the publisher included the cover in the e-book (which they should), then you should be able to view the cover in the downloaded e-book sample using the method above.

I hope that answers your question adequately. If not, just let us know.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert