Samsung Galaxy S Tab (Honeycomb) 4 6.15%
Asus Eee Pad Transformer (Honeycomb) 17 26.15%
Acer A500 (Honeycomb) 5 7.69%
other 23 35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Asus. I had one of their Eee900s (I got it for a song off Woot) and I was very impressed w/Asus quality. Because it was so inexpensive I roared ahead tinkering/hacking and learned a lot and never once had a problem recovering from disasters. I finally gifted it to a friend's young son who uses it for hours daily with nary a problem.

I am really tempted by the enTourage Pocket eDGe on sale for $200, but leaning more towards waiting for the Transformer and maybe using the $200 for the keyboard dock—sort a hoping the eDGe sells out so I don't have to decide!

I am so fond of my QT7 running Eclair 2.1 that I can hardly wait to get Honeycomb in hand.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Acer and Asus are both bringing to market, this month, 10.1 (1280X800) tablets.

The Asus has gotten my attention since it has an optional keyboard and I have an Asus Netbook that has served me well. Best Buy had an Ad up at $399 for the base unit but has since pulled it down.

Anyway here are a couple of links if you care to look.

Regards - John

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-eee-pa...a500-08145156/

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-eee-pa...ideo-30143387/

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/04...retail-launch/
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #18
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
At 600 dollars with a 2 year contract the Xoom isn't exactly a great impulse purchase.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Perhaps something besides Android?
Android is extremely similar to iOS... Some things better, other things worse. One Android advantage is slightly better multitasking.
But new HP video shows their tablet running WebOS to have far better multitasking than either iOS or Android.

I still haven't seen an Android tablet to be on par with an iPad... Perhaps HP is on the right track. I have no loyalty to Apple or Android...maybe now there will be something which shows an authentic advantage over the iPad.

Last edited by pphilipp; 04-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I have the Xoom, but I expect same or better from other manufacturers soon..

Like the monk says, the Rooted Nook is a great deal! I'm tempted myself.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
At 600 dollars with a 2 year contract the Xoom isn't exactly a great impulse purchase.
You can get a wifi only xoom for 599 as well
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Also a slight correction its the "Samsung Galaxy Tab" not "Samsung Galaxy S Tab".

=X=
Also, at this point there is no Samsung Galaxy Tab Honeycomb. There is a very rough alpha Honeycomb port at XDA-developers, but it's by no means ready for a production Tab.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Froyo), and the reason I'd (did) choose it over a Xoom is the 7" form factor. Despite what Jobs says, my Tab fits in my front trousers pocket, and is with me always. I can't imagine lugging around a 10" iPad or Xoom or what have you. A Nook Color and Archos 70 were also on the list, but now that I have my Tab, I find that 3G data is a requirement. So until something better in 7" comes out, I'm satisfied.

BTW, I also looked at the 5" Dell, but it is exclusive to AT&T, and is too close in size to my 4.3” HTC EVO 4G to warrant another phone.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Also, at this point there is no Samsung Galaxy Tab Honeycomb. There is a very rough alpha Honeycomb port at XDA-developers, but it's by no means ready for a production Tab.
sure there is most likey be out this summer

http://www.pcworld.com/article/22280...9_and_101.html
Old 04-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
wodin
Illiterate

Yes, the 8.9" and 10" Samsungs will be HC, but at this point there is only the 7" model, which is Froyo.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #26
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Right now a rooted / custom rom Nook Color is still the tablet to beat at $250, IMO. The Galaxy Tab wi-fi is a close 2nd at $350, and for those that don't want to mess with rooting, flashing, etc. If you really like GPS and Skype...then the Tab is #1 as far as bang/buck. I don't really need 'em, so the $100 less it better IMO.

The Viewsonic G-tab is good if you like those honking big 10"+ tablets (not for me) but the viewing angles apparently suck on it - and that's a big con in my book. The IPS screen on the Nook Color is a big, big feature to me.

I like the upcoming HTC Flyer (has a stylus!!!) but it'll probably be very pricey.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 04-13-2011 at 03:55 AM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #27
boswd
Banned

5 day report

The xoom and the Asus are in a tight horse race so far with the Asus with a 12 to 9 lead.
I think this may be due to it's rumored afforadable price of $550 with keyboard and $400 without (Prices are not yet confirmed US pricing). but with AmazonUK showing the Asus at a very affordable 429 pounds for tablet with keyboard and 379 pounds without, it seems the US pricing rumor should be right. Plus Asus marketing the laptop feature/keyboard with the tablet as one device is a very smart move that I think has peaked many, including myself, interest.

glad to see the Xoom holding strong.

Other so far is your leader I'm guessing its a combo of many from the Nook color, htc, Sony's, LG and maybe some other lower end tablets.

The one that is shocking to me so far is the lack of love for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab (honeycomb) which will be just as featured rich as the xoom and Asus but also coming in as the thinnest, and even thinner than the iPad 2.
I have a watchful eye on that one as well, if they throw in a Super AmoLED screen on this, this would be very tough to pass up. I'm surprised this hasn't generated that much buzz around this forum.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #28
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
5 day report

The xoom and the Asus are in a tight horse race so far with the Asus with a 12 to 9 lead.
I think this may be due to it's rumored afforadable price of $550 with keyboard and $400 without (Prices are not yet confirmed US pricing). but with AmazonUK showing the Asus at a very affordable 429 pounds for tablet with keyboard and 379 pounds without, it seems the US pricing rumor should be right. Plus Asus marketing the laptop feature/keyboard with the tablet as one device is a very smart move that I think has peaked many, including myself, interest.

glad to see the Xoom holding strong.

Other so far is your leader I'm guessing its a combo of many from the Nook color, htc, Sony's, LG and maybe some other lower end tablets.

The one that is shocking to me so far is the lack of love for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab (honeycomb) which will be just as featured rich as the xoom and Asus but also coming in as the thinnest, and even thinner than the iPad 2.
I have a watchful eye on that one as well, if they throw in a Super AmoLED screen on this, this would be very tough to pass up. I'm surprised this hasn't generated that much buzz around this forum.
I say you redo the Poll and include all the tablets, present and forth coming.

Ya, SAMOLED is just not going to happen at least this year. For me the device that really holds the most interest is the LG G Slate. While it will have similar hardware as the others, the BUS design makes it a faster tablet than the others. The LG Optimus phone has the same design and is already showing superior performance over other phones with the same specs.

I'm just waiting to see what their screen quality and price is.

As for samsung, I'm not surprised. Samsung makes excellent hardware but their support, if you want to call it that, is lacking.

Personally I'm really waiting for something like the LG G Slate with a 7" screen, right now very happy with my CM7 nookCOLOR and will not buy a device with a larger screen size.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
boswd
Banned

Quote:
I say you redo the Poll and include all the tablets, present and forth coming.

Ya, SAMOLED is just not going to happen at least this year. For me the device that really holds the most interest is the LG G Slate. While it will have similar hardware as the others, the BUS design makes it a faster tablet than the others. The LG Optimus phone has the same design and is already showing superior performance over other phones with the same specs.

I'm just waiting to see what their screen quality and price is.

As for samsung, I'm not surprised. Samsung makes excellent hardware but their support, if you want to call it that, is lacking.

Personally I'm really waiting for something like the LG G Slate with a 7" screen, right now very happy with my CM7 nookCOLOR and will not buy a device with a larger screen size.

=X=
I wanted to edit the poll as to give the LG, htc, their own slot but I don't know how. and I would also would like to add the Vizo one as well, that has interesting specs but since CES haven't heard a peep out of Vizo. But from what they showed off it look pretty cool.

so how do I get to edit the poll?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #30
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:

=X=
Yup! Sure glad my SGT does everything I want, for now.