Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Carroll, Lewis: Through the Looking-Glass. v1. 03 Mar 2011

As with 'Alice in Wonderland', I am posting this classic - in my opinion a Fantasy full of humour, not only for children - after unsuccessfully searching for a good free epub version with the Tenniel illustrations.
The best in that line appears to be found at the Adelaide University, but it lacks most of the images...

This version has been made (thanks to Calibre and Sigil) from:
  • the basic text at Project Gutemberg (re-formatted, italics put back)
  • the images from two different versions at the Internet Archive, edited with IrfanView.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	67718  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Through the Looking-Glass - Lewis Carroll.epub (1.28 MB, 729 views)
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
As with 'Alice in Wonderland', I am posting this classic - in my opinion a Fantasy full of humour, not only for children - after unsuccessfully searching for a good free epub version with the Tenniel illustrations.
The best in that line appears to be found at the Adelaide University, but it lacks most of the images...

This version has been made (thanks to Calibre and Sigil) from:
  • the basic text at Project Gutemberg (re-formatted, italics put back)
  • the images from two different versions at the Internet Archive, edited with IrfanView.
If you aren't aware of it, Project Gutenberg has an ebook of just the Tenniel illustrations: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/114

You might want to compare against the sources you used.
_______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Just what I was looking for! A great favourite of mine, thanks very much.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Thanks, DMcCunney - it never entered my head to search for the illustrations by themselves.
However, the stand-alone ones are just those I complain of in the Adelaide University edition - low-quality black-and-white.
I like much better those I used (from the italian translation - haven't looked at the german one, being unacquainted with the language).
And the illustrations for the Looking Glass aren't there - and the Adelaide University edition has got only some of them.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote