Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
sergey_bogdanov
sergey_bogdanov began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus
Application For Internet Bookmarks Management

Hello All,

I have created a small application to manage internet bookmarks on a Pocketbook device.
Now it is a little bit easier to use internal browser for me.

You can check this out on:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linxet/

I have created it for personal use so it is a raw in some ways. If you have suggestions how to make it better - you are welcome.

Also please note: the only real device the application has been run is Pocketbook 360 Plus. So it may not work on your device.

Thanks,
Sergey Bogdanov
sergey_bogdanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I downloaded the source, built and installed the application without problems, so good job on that. (note: a ready-built app is available at the link given above). I've tried it out, and it seems to work fine. I came to the MobileRead forums and logged in, and surfed to this message. I didn't try replying to it in the app, though, mostly because I don't have a touchscreen and typing with the D-pad is a pain in the neck. Navigating is a bit clumsy, probably because I have to use the D-pad for that, too. I exited the application, restarted it, and came back to the forum, but it looks like I have to type in the login information again from scratch. I suppose that's a limitation of the bookland application, and not of your app. Anyway, it seems to function well enough, and I'll keep it in place. Thanks for sharing your work.

P.S. Many people still have the older 301/302/360 ereaders that use the arm system rather than the arm_gnueabi system. It is easy to also build a version of the app for them, as well, just replacing arm_gnueabi with arm in your Makefile. You would probably get more users if you made that binary version available, as well.

Last edited by rkomar; 06-21-2013 at 09:53 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
sergey_bogdanov
sergey_bogdanov began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus
Thank you for checking my application.

Regards the fact you have to type in you login information the next time you visited the MobileRead: you are exactly right - this is a limitation of the Bookland application. All linxet does is storing Internet bookmarks and open browser pointing it to user's link. All the rest is the job of the browser - to render the site, to ask for login information etc. In this version I just use default system behavior to open a link. This is starting the Bookland application as the program to show Internet links.
I saw there is the "links" browser is ported for PocketBook SDK. So may be someday in the future I will rework that piece of code to have a setting for linxet which application should be used to open Internet bookmarks

Regards the possibility of compile the linxet for old 301/302/360 readers. Two things have stopped me from leaving this option in the makefile:
  1. I do not have such device at hand to test how the application will work
  2. I do not know any details how such devices supposed to work
but if you think this may be interested for users, I have created the ticket on SourceForge to investigate this question.
I hope may be somebody from forum can help with test on a real device. But first I have to complete investigation.

Thanks one more time!
sergey_bogdanov is offline   Reply With Quote