Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
bobulbous
bobulbous began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Broken DX screen

Hi

Tragically broke my DX screen yesterday, does anybody know about repairs and costs?

Preferably in London, but i presume it unlikely there will be an option for this.

Thanks.
bobulbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
I say this without any experience with Kindle repairs. I would imagine, like all electronic products these days, the cost of repairs exceeds the cost of purchasing a new one.
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
bobulbous

Well I just called Kindle customer support, told them what happened and I was looking for a price for repair (I didn't even buy my Kindle from Amazon, it was second hand on ebay). They told me with about 2 minutes they were going to send me another one.

I love amazon.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold

Way to go - that is brilliant news
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
bobulbous

It seems to good to be true, just got the confirmation mail from amazon saying the new one is on its way. Amazing.
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
And some people wonder why Kindle owners are so loyal.

Amazon CS is the best.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
That's fantastic news, bobulbous.
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Wait, they are sending it no charge???
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
And some people wonder why Kindle owners are so loyal.

Amazon CS is the best.
Yup... that is a big reason why I chose the Kindle over the other readers... and with what happened to me and B&N...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #10
bobulbous

yes they are sending it completely free of charge. I didn't even really have to say much. One of the only positive experiences I think I have ever had with a customer service department.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #11
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Nice to know that, it's nice to hear of some good CS for a change
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote