Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #31
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Whats the point of providing an SDK if they don't want people doing exactly that.

My understanding of it was they are developing it as a reader. If others want to write/port applications that allow it to do other things then all well and good.

Otherwise what was the point of that suduko game thing they were showing off at one of the shows?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #32
verbosus
Unicoder
verbosus began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz
Otherwise what was the point of that suduko game thing they were showing off at one of the shows?
I haven’t heard of that one, but could it be an HTML page with a JS sudoku (like this) instead of a standalone sudoku app?
verbosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Either way, it's not, strictly speaking, a reader app.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #34
verbosus
Unicoder
verbosus began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Either way, it's not, strictly speaking, a reader app.
Hey, that was my point ;-)
verbosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oh, then we've all been arguing the same point!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #36
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
*grin*

Sounds like my old workplace. I can't count the number of times that my ex-boss and I would end up almost shouting at one another over something and the arguement would end "So if we both think XXX is YYY then why the hell are we arguing about it?"

Last edited by Riocaz; 08-23-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #37
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
End of story (my half... b_k?):

Got it fixed and returned. Apparently it was opened - may be a hint that there's no JTAG interface (or anything equivalent) in the external connector. They got my package on friday, and on monday they returned it. I got it yesterday.

I got a boatload of Fresh Netherlands Air (TM) for free -- check the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2037ed.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1493  
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

nothing till now. I already had called UPS to pick up when i got the mail from Karel. So the package was going to Dueren/Germany first, before they internally collect it to Eindhoven/NL.

Haven't heard anything from iRex or UPS yet. (although, I never asked for the status of my iLiad)
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #39
rrustema
rrustema began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad since 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I avoid talking to their forum (for obvious reasons, I don't like their sometimes rude voice and I don't like being "accused" of things)
This might possibly be caused by cultural misunderstandings. After all, iRex is a Dutch company. As a rule of thumb, just take nothing personally. Generally communication is more direct than you can expect elsewhere in the world, I notice when I return there. Just a thought, being Dutch myself.
rrustema is offline   Reply With Quote