Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
What are the different settings available for affiliates?
What does KoboIndigo mean? EN-US?
The last time I dug through to see what affiliates were available, I came up with the following which is likely not complete and not correct.

Aluratek
Aluratek2
AluratekBordersUS
AngusRobertson
BestBuyCa
BordersAU
BordersSouthernTel
BordersUSA
Eason
Ematic
FamilyChristian
fnac
Indigo
Kobo
kobodesktop
KoboIndigo
LivrariaCultura
MerchSource
Mondadori
Rakuten
Sears
Swindon
ThreeHK
WalmartCA
WalmartUSA
Whitcoulls
WHSmith

At one time, Indigo (a Canadian bookstore chain) owned Kobo prior to Kobo being sold to Rakuten.

EN-US is English-USA. Personally, I change it to EN-CA though that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 03-25-2014 at 11:41 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #17
nghuiyen
nghuiyen began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
The command doesn't seem to work in Terminal and the free app can't be open coz it's from an unidentified developer. I'll live with the problem for now and hope for a software update. Thanks , PeterT.
nghuiyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 02:46 AM   #18
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Can't you find someone with a Windows PC that you could plug into for 2 minutes?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The last time I dug through to see what affiliates were available, I came up with the following which is likely not complete and not correct.

Aluratek
Aluratek2
AluratekBordersUS
AngusRobertson
BestBuyCa
BordersAU
BordersSouthernTel
BordersUSA
Eason
Ematic
FamilyChristian
fnac
Indigo
Kobo
kobodesktop
KoboIndigo
LivrariaCultura
MerchSource
Modadori
Rakuten
Sears
Swindon
ThreeHK
WalmartCA
WalmartUSA
Whitcoulls
WHSmith

At one time, Indigo (a Canadian bookstore chain) owned Kobo prior to Kobo being sold to Rakuten.

EN-US is English-USA. Personally, I change it to EN-CA though that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Regards,
David
It is "Mondadori", there was an "n" missing
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #20
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Other affiliate with Pocket

Other than KoboIndigo, is there any affiliate that can work with Pocket? I've tried changing my affiliate to KoboIndigo but the Pocket option is still not appearing under Library. It should appear after reboot, right?

I want to try changing the affiliate next time I plug the reader to the computer, but there are some many affiliates options. I plan to try change and reboot for each, but it will take quite some time and I usually wait for my Kobo's battery first or new books I want to read before I plug the Kobo to my computer.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2014, 04:26 AM   #21
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo for sure. I guess also fnac and Mondadori.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 AM   #22
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsnow View Post
Other than KoboIndigo, is there any affiliate that can work with Pocket? I've tried changing my affiliate to KoboIndigo but the Pocket option is still not appearing under Library. It should appear after reboot, right?
If you have the older firmware, the pocket won't appear even after you change the affiliate and reboot it.
You might need to sync it first to update your firmware.
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #23
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
If you have the older firmware, the pocket won't appear even after you change the affiliate and reboot it.
You might need to sync it first to update your firmware.
Thank you!

Apparently, this is the source of my problem. I'm actually quite ashamed realizing that the Pocket integration came after around firmware 2.8.0 (I did research beforehand but I guess it slipped off my mind) and mine was still below that. The 'Articles from Pocket' is there under library and I'm syncing my articles as I write. It is a relief that I can utilize the Pocket integration, I am a heavy Pocket user on desktop and phone and reading some articles on Kobo will be nicer, although that means more article and less book-reading.

What are other differences between affiliates other than Pocket integration though? I find them as weird. Back when I tried some affiliates, I notice some differences such as the options under Library and the sleep screensaver(?).
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote