Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #16
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Very cool! Much thanks!!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
thank you very much for doing this. I had hoped to extract the kindle icon at about the same size as you have been posting in the previews in this thread so I could use the image independently in my blog posts. But, it appears that none of the programs I have on my PC can open an .ico file. Any suggestions? (I suppose I could install it on my Kindle, connect the Kindle, then grab a screen capture, but that sounds like the long way around.)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #18
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Yea, I think short of an icon editing program, u can only do it via a screen cap. if there is a particular size you want, I'll be glad to upload a transparent version for you.

Added an iPhone icon. It is taken from a 3G picture but I don't think you can tell. It also just displays as 'iPhone' but you can change that to whatever you want by editing the autorun.inf

Added a zune icon too. I know the zune can be hacked to be read as a mass storage device on pc so that is why I made one. Zune 80 and flashes will be coming if I see any kind of demand.

EDIT:
Elsi, Here are 3 sizes of Kindle pictures with transparent backgrounds. Take which you'd like. Also, wouldn't mind a credit on your blog ^_^.

Based on Vista, the first icon is Large, the second is in between, and the last is extra large. When you choose how to View items in a folder.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-13-2008 at 11:10 PM.
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #19
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeartlessHero View Post
Elsi, Here are 3 sizes of Kindle pictures with transparent backgrounds. Take which you'd like. Also, wouldn't mind a credit on your blog ^_^.
Oooh, thanks. Just what I needed. I'll definitely give you credit on my blog. (And will try to remember to send you a link to the entry where your image is being used.)

I've not migrated to Vista yet -- the corporate distribution is still XP, so I'm content with that for now. I think that the next PC I buy for myself is going to be Linux.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I've not migrated to Vista yet -- the corporate distribution is still XP, so I'm content with that for now. I think that the next PC I buy for myself is going to be Linux.
Might I recommend a Mac. You can run all four OSes on it and decide which you like the best. (OS X, XP, Vista, Linux).

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Might I recommend a Mac. You can run all four OSes on it and decide which you like the best. (OS X, XP, Vista, Linux).

BOb
I'll second Bob on this. My primary workstation is a Mac Mini running Linux -- I dual-boot to OS X when I feel the need and have Windows XP courtesy of VMWare no matter which OS I'm running. I had been running Shuttles, but the extreme quiet of the Mini seduced me.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #22
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You can run all 4 OSes on a PC as well =P. I was thinking of installing some kind of quad-boot but haven't gotten around to it yet myself.

I've added an icon for my USB flash drive. A Patriot Xporter XT 16GB Flash Drive thing.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-14-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #23
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Speaking of mac will these icons work for Mac or just windows?
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #24
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

They should work on Mac, however the icons don't have 512x512 size but should still show. I don't have a mac or have the OS installed. If it doesn't work or needs a different size than these have, let me know and I will update if necessary.

Added a MobileRead.com logo icon.

EDIT
Added 3 more icons, the Readius, Cybook Gen3, and a Gatorade icon.

I apparently hit a limit of 18 attachments to one post. I'll be continuing to add more icons in post 3 which is my second post of the thread.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-14-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #25
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
At The Heartless Hero's request, I have moved this thread to the Deals, freebies and Resources section.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #26
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

Well I'm kind of at a loss of what new icons to make. I really need some ideas =P. I'll probably toss a NDS one up for those with flash carts or something.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #27
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeartlessHero View Post
Well I'm kind of at a loss of what new icons to make.
The Hanlin eBook is one possibility there are several variants, such as the BeBook. Another is the EB-1150.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #28
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

I know it's been awhile since there has been a post, let alone a new icon. Been having some computer issues and had to do a format and restore. I plan to bring some new icons out by the end of the week. I hope everyone looks forward to it and enjoys my previous ones as well.

Tags
duck!