Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
zeltus
zeltus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where is my library?

In fact, I have several libraries, one for fiction, one for reference books, one for comics etc... dotted around my various drives.

But I can't work out, in Calibre, how to find out what physical directory my current library is pointing to... it must be a simple task and so I am being dim. Please put me out of my misery and tell me how I do this!

Thanks

Bill
zeltus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One way is to select the drop down arrow besides the books icon at the top, select "switch/create library" and the current location is shown at the top.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltus View Post
In fact, I have several libraries, one for fiction, one for reference books, one for comics etc... dotted around my various drives.

But I can't work out, in Calibre, how to find out what physical directory my current library is pointing to... it must be a simple task and so I am being dim. Please put me out of my misery and tell me how I do this!

Thanks

Bill
Lots of ways

When viewing a Library: Tapping the 'O' key will open the file browser to the location of the file (inside the Library). Remember: Never change/delete a file or folder name this way. (This location will also show if you hover over the Path: 'click to open' in the details (optional) /Information panels

To find All Libraries

Use the OS Search: metadata.db will be in each main folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote