Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepancake View Post
Hi
Hope that you read/see this - likewise have done all as you have - but still have the 'Personal Banner' - are you sending to device via Wireless or are you cabled via USB ?

Thanks
I used a USB cable. It really should work if you do everything correctly. Make sure you include the square bracket [ between EBOK.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
purplepancake
Nameless Being

Thanks for the reply.

Yes [EBOK] was included - must be something else but have no idea what!

Frustrating - or what?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes [EBOK] was included - must be something else but have no idea what!

Frustrating - or what?
After changing the MOBI Output settings, did you convert the ebook to MOBI again?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #19
purplepancake
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
After changing the MOBI Output settings, did you convert the ebook to MOBI again?
Yes, as far as I recall - yesterday was about 15 hours of converting/reconverting etc after many trips down blind alleys.
There seem to be different approaches being used on this forum and others to achieve what I'm after!? Some say DO tick the 'share' others are DO NOT. Surely both cannot be right - there must be something else going on within the conversion process or the original file?

Please do not take any of the above as a criticism - had best result to date with your help - but, not the result that you got?!

So when I have more time will go back to the start and re-do all the steps, again !!

Someone else also suggested stripping all the meta data from the original and replacing it - that seems like a massive jump, but will consider it when I know more about how to do that.

In the meantime any other thoughts would be welcome, and thanks for your help to date.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Some say DO tick the 'share' others are DO NOT. Surely both cannot be right - there must be something else going on within the conversion process or the original file?
I have 'enable sharing' off in my MOBI output setting. So I say leave it unchecked.

Quote:
Someone else also suggested stripping all the meta data from the original and replacing it - that seems like a massive jump, but will consider it when I know more about how to do that.

In the meantime any other thoughts would be welcome, and thanks for your help to date.
Delete the book from your Kindle and your Calibre library. Drag and drop the book into Calibre again. Right click on the ebook and choose 'edit metadata', then click 'download metadata'. After Calibre downloads the metadata for that specific book, convert the book again to MOBI. After it finishes converting, connect your Kindle, right click and send to device. Do you still get the Personal banner?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
2AbbyNormal
2AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Still can't always remove the personal banner

I've tried everything recommended in this thread and so far not one method works completely. Some methods work on some books, but no one method removes the personal banner on all books. I still can't even get a cover to show up on all books. If anyone has any other ideas I can try I would appreciate it.
2AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #22
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
You talk about MOBI conversions. But, what about AZW3? I algo get the "Personal" label in all my AZW3 converted books. Anybody knows how to remove it?
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I had the same problem, some covers showing a Personal label in a white stripe.
On those books, in Calibre, I edited the Metadata to remove tags (they all had tags), then ran Convert to Mobi, even though they were already Mobi.
After deleting the offending ones from my Paperwhite, I Sent to Device from Calibre again and every time they came up showing the full cover, no Personal label.

So I'd guess the problem is simply down to the Kindle having a problem with tags, and Convert to Mobi gets you a new version without tags and without the Personal label
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #24
WalkingDad
WalkingDad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
For what it's worth, here's what I did exactly. In Calibre v0.9.4 or above:
  1. Deleted old converted files from the Kindle first. I had used a variation of Gazella20's method before (way too much work)
  2. Highlighted the files in Calibre I wanted to convert and hit "Convert books"
  3. Selected MOBI from the output format dropdown menu
  4. Used the settings shown in the attached picture
  5. Hit "OK" to convert to MOBI (again)
  6. Waited for that to finish
  7. Connected Kindle Paperwhite
  8. Highlighted all the converted books and hit "Send to device"
  9. Waited for that to finish, ejected, waited for the books to show up on the Kindle, and made sure everything was good
This should really work, so you may want a try a couple this way and see what you get. You shouldn't have to go through all the work of the old way with the metadata editor.
Worked for me - thank you so much!
WalkingDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
Pr0metheus
Pr0metheus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Me either but I followed the solution provided in the other thread and now my Kindle recognizes that they are books and it got rid of the banner as well. I will write the steps I went through as easy as possible because the original post with the solution was a bit complicated to follow.

I used Mobi Metadata Editor to change the ASIN of the books that weren't showing properly.

1. To do that open Mobi Metadata Editor (download link below) and browse for the book. Click on the + sign, where it says Type locate 113 (ASIN) from the drop-down menu.

2. Go to Amazon.com and search for the Kindle version of the same book, scroll down to where it says Product Details and copy the ASIN (begins with a B) and paste it in Value (back in Mobi Metada Editor). Click Add.

3. Notice the Output filename, it will not replace the ebook but rather make a new file of the ebook with _new.mobi. Click Save.

4. Delete the same book you edited from your Calibre library and locate the new ebook (the one you edited with Mobi Metadata Editor) and drag and drop it into Calibre.

5. Connect your Kindle, right click on the new ebook, send to device, send to main memory.

If you did everything correctly, you should see the book in your books section with no banner.

I know it's a lot of steps to go through but at least now my books are more organized and there are no banners on the covers. I hope this works for you!

Mobi Metadata Editor download link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1927698
Field Nr. 501 must have value EBOK (not PDOC) - after that book will have status "Book" and not "Document", Personal tag will not be shown anymore.

Last edited by Pr0metheus; 11-02-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Pr0metheus is offline   Reply With Quote