Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 AM   #31
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle3, iPhone4, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks for this.

Carol
Linux version is also available now.
thearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #32
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Klippings for Kindle Touch

MyClippings.txt file of the Kindle Touch is slightly different from the previous ones.
I made some small changes on Settings.txt file of the Klippings to add some more functions to it :
  • import MyCLippings.txt from KindleTouch (import/"Import "My Clippings.txt" without bookmarks (KTouch)")
  • export with the format of MyClippings(export/"MyClippings Structure")
  • export with the format of MyClippings of Kindle Touch (export/"MyClippings Structure (KTouch)")

Updated version of Klippings (just settings.txt file is modified)

if you already have Klippings, just update the settings.txt file.

BTW: Thanks again to thearr for this great app
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
MyClippings.txt file of the Kindle Touch is slightly different from the previous ones.
I made some small changes on Settings.txt file of the Klippings to add some more functions to it
Thank you for the update, thomass. Hope you don't mind that I have added a link to your settings.txt on Klippings home page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
  • export with the format of MyClippings(export/"MyClippings Structure")
Actually this is the very first "standard" export function of Klippings - just press the Export button (not the pop-up arrow) and choose among file types "My clippings txt file"

Last edited by thearr; 01-20-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #34
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearr View Post
Thank you for the update, thomass. Hope you don't mind that I have added a link to your settings.txt on Klippings home page.
Of course

Quote:
Actually this is the very first "standard" export function of Klippings - just press the Export button (not the pop-up arrow) and choose among file types "My clippings txt file"
didn't know that.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #35
thearr

Just two more examples of xml export patterns you may find useful (downlad and replace settings.txt [make a backup of the current file if you already have your own custom patterns]):

1. Export XML -- Simple xml-file that can be used later as a convinient source for your needs.

2. Export FB2 -- More advanced xml-file in FictionBook2 format with all needed metadata, cover and so on, that can be viewed, for example, on-line (http://vidimfigu.com), or converted to other book formats (http://fb2epub.com). Here is an example of such a fb2-book: http://vidimfigu.com/?012264569198363709477#0:0
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings.txt (32.6 KB, 344 views)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Great app so far. I'm going to use it for beta reading fan fiction.

2 suggestions:

1. Ability to set default profile for imports. I didn't realize I had to choose to use the Touch one and was disconcerted to find it not working.

2. When importing a file, populate "my clippings.txt" in the open dialog.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #37
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
There is a well developed application called Klippings Kollector that you can find here:

http://www.klippingskollector.com/

and a reveiw:

http://kinreader.com/reviews/klippin...ftware-review/

It allows you to import your clippings (highlight and notes) via USB. You can tag your notes on the Kindle or in the software. You add comments and analysis, run searches and filters and print reports. It isn't free, but I have been having a great time with it, having bought it about a week ago. There are video tutorials on the website that will give you a fairly complete view of how it works.
I use that software as well and can confirm that it is quite useful since you can edit everything and also return it to the Kindle so you have fuller and more useful notations. If you use the Kindle for academic reading I would absolutely recommend the investment.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #38
thearr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
2 suggestions:

1. Ability to set default profile for imports. I didn't realize I had to choose to use the Touch one and was disconcerted to find it not working.

2. When importing a file, populate "my clippings.txt" in the open dialog.
Hi, due to lack of time I stopped developing the app., but I am collecting all suggestions on improvements for better times . Couldn't you elaborate on your second point, I didn't catch it.

You may also try http://www.klippingskollector.com/ as it is recommended by lots of users. I personally didn't try it, as all I need I have in my app.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
As can be seen by other replies there are many ways to get your clippings in various formats on your pc. I am among the few that wrote my own program for this. It's developed in java so will run on most platforms (windows, mac, linux, etc).

You can get it from the thread here.

It should be working with the touch now and can export to html and xml if you like. I'm welcome to new suggestions for the program and will work on it whenever I can, fixes come before new features though.

I hope someone will find it useful and welcome to the Kindle club
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Kaaya
Kaaya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Export highlights and notes of your own books?

Hi guys! In my case I often use free online tools such as http://clippingsconverter.com (I prefer those options that doesn't required to be installed in my computer) to export my kindle clippings and convert them to more convenient (or workable) formats such as word, pdf, or excel.
Kaaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #41
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Cool

Quote:
Hi, due to lack of time I stopped developing the app., but I am collecting all suggestions on improvements for better times . Couldn't you elaborate on your second point, I didn't catch it.

You may also try http://www.klippingskollector.com/ as it is recommended by lots of users. I personally didn't try it, as all I need I have in my app.
I didn't really get along with the interface of klippingskollector, I like your app, but I'm wondering how hard it would be or if you'd even be willing to put in an option when exporting to txt to remove all formatting (book title, location, time) and just keep the highlights only?
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Assuming you are using Windows, all you need to do is paste it into Notepad, that will remove all formatting.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #43
thearr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
I didn't really get along with the interface of klippingskollector, I like your app, but I'm wondering how hard it would be or if you'd even be willing to put in an option when exporting to txt to remove all formatting (book title, location, time) and just keep the highlights only?
If I understood you correctly all you need is to add a custom export: just go to Settings dialog, Export tab. Click add, type in a profile name, for ex.
Quote:
Highlights only
Then in the Body section type in
Quote:
?P<Text>
---
Add some simbols, like "---", or an empty line below "?P<Text>" to divide highlights from each other. Then choose encoding from the Encoding dropbox, for ex., UTF-8, and click OK.

Now you can choose your "Highlights only" profile that exports only higlighted text in the Export menu.

Last edited by thearr; 03-16-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #44
thomass
Wizard

A small update for the settings file
includes:
  • import clippings of Kindle Touch with 24 hour format [EN(GB)]
  • import clippings of Kindle Touch with language ES
Attached Files
File Type: zip settings.zip (18.2 KB, 807 views)

Last edited by thomass; 06-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #45
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Hi!
Used to but can anymore: export with Klippings....
Must have to do with the fact that my Kindle is now a Touch and set to German...
Have downloaded the latest settings.txt from here, to no avail...

Any chance anyone could get my myclippings.txt (attached here) to work. It contains highlights and notes from Kindle books and PDF...

Thanks for trying!
Attached Files
File Type: txt My Clippings.txt (58.8 KB, 351 views)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clippings, kindle tools