Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free Weekly Software from Handango

This bit of news almost makes up for the rotten customer service I've gotten recently from Handango. (A story for another day!)

Our favorite Palm news source, Palm Addict, is reporting a promotion going on over at Handango. They are offering a free software program each week through the end of January, 2005.

It seems that there is a program for Palm and one for Pocket PC. I've got both kinds of devices so I browsed both device tabs and by clicking on the free app a week giveaway logo, I apparently got one of each.

They look like real apps, not "free stuff that we give you free as our special deal!" One was PocketCook and the other was QuoteMaster. I assume that PocketCook was for Palm and QuoteMaster was for PPC, but I'm not really sure yet to be honest because the site was a little confusing to me. But if you have a smart phone be sure to add a smart phone device to your Handango device list and see if there's something else there for you!

While you're there, pick another program to buy if you see something you like.. it's always good to reward a company that's doing something nice!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:36 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
That is cool! Let's hope they're going to pick out some nice freebies for us
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I like the idea. I wonder if the free program is only available for one day during the week. I went to Handango and looked for the free software offer, but couldn't find the link. I'll try everyday this week until I find the lucky day.

I think it's a good idea again, but I'd like to be able to choose somewhat the software. At least maybe a freebie in the topic I'm interested in, if not any free application I want for the week.

Of course, no company does things from the bottom of their souls for the heck of it and they're all here to make money but true altruism would believe in the services enough to stand behind the offer and know that we, as customers, would come to them for the rest of our software needs. I got some free software from PalmGear a little while back, and while some of the offerings were kinda interesting, I only got them because they were free to me. I'd have liked to have been able to choose software that I know I will use over software I might use.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
I went to Handango and looked for the free software offer, but couldn't find the link.
I think the link is there pretty much continually. I tried logging out and still saw the link. Look for the orange freebies logo sort of in the middle of the page. (It's the same logo I attached to my original posting.)
Old 12-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Aha! The truth comes out! One must log in to see the logo. I saw it after logging in myself. Now I'm downloading this week's offering, but it appears to be the PC version of the software, so that means that I need to do it on my PC (instead of my Mac) and install it on my T|3, then BT it over to my Z2.

The things we do for love of Mac.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Edit: Never mind! (I was reading too fast. This doesn't apply.)

I think you can do an "add device" to get a new tab. When you click the free sw icon from a Pocket PC tab you see the Pocket PC free stuff. From a Palm device tab you see the palm free stuff. I plan to keep track of both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
Aha! The truth comes out! One must log in to see the logo. I saw it after logging in myself. Now I'm downloading this week's offering, but it appears to be the PC version of the software, so that means that I need to do it on my PC (instead of my Mac) and install it on my T|3, then BT it over to my Z2.

The things we do for love of Mac.
POL9A