Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Almagne
Enthusiast
Almagne began at the beginning.

Sylpheed Claws?

I am not a developer, but I am interested in having simple email reading capability on the iLiad.

So my question is how difficult would it be to port Sylpheed Claws into the iLiad?

Also would it ever be possible to run a program on the iLiad without getting the "Shell Hack" from iRex. I don't quite understand why the iLiad is an open platform for developers if a special permission from iRex in needed to run other apps. Is the plan to ultimately eliminate the need for the shell hack to run other apps?

Thanks.
Almagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm certainly not a Linux developer, and I'm not much familiar with Sylpheed Claws, but I do know that scotty1024 started work on this several months ago, though he has since ceased developing on the iLiad. Here's the thread on it, in hopes that it's more helpful than I can be from my own information.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8592
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Well, my "beginning port" of a sylpheed doesn't work right now. It doesn't download new messages.
Something wrong with my account settings?

What are the diffs between sylpheed claws & sylpheed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sylpheed.png
Views:	473
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	7401  
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
What are the diffs between sylpheed claws & sylpheed?
Originally, sylpheed was the lean-and-mean mail client, sylpheed claws added more (not-so-tested) features.

From the FAQ:
What are the differences between Claws Mail and Sylpheed?

Claws Mail (formerly Sylpheed-Claws) started as the bleeding-edge version of Sylpheed, in order to act as a testbed for new features for Sylpheed. The idea was to regularly resync with Hiroyuki's main branch, and vice-versa. Claws Mail then evolved into the stable extended version of Sylpheed, and is now an entity in its own right, mainly due to different goals and the fact that syncing both codebases doesn't happen anymore.

Claws Mail has many extra features compared to Sylpheed and is more powerful, yet is just as fast, lightweight and stable.
Anyway, sylpheed has all the common options (I use sylpheed myself).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote