Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
mbrown3
mbrown3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sync Collections To Kindle 3?

OK, I'm using the most recent beta version, and I added the custom field "collections" (per the note in Calibre itself), and added collection 'tags' to my books, but when I sync to my Kindle, they're not separated into collections. Can anyone help with what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
mbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3 View Post
OK, I'm using the most recent beta version, and I added the custom field "collections" (per the note in Calibre itself), and added collection 'tags' to my books, but when I sync to my Kindle, they're not separated into collections. Can anyone help with what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
If I understand correctly the only thing you did wrong was use a Kindle. Currently calibre doesn't create collections on a Kindle.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mbrown3.

Feel free to use the link below to introduce yourself and enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
mbrown3
mbrown3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If I understand correctly the only thing you did wrong was use a Kindle. Currently calibre doesn't create collections on a Kindle.
The collections are already created...I'm just trying to sync my books through Calibre into the correct folders (collections) on the Kindle. Is that not supported either?

If not, bummer. Any chance it will be in the near future? It's just, I have a LOT of books, and manually putting each into its appropriate collection will take a LONG time.
mbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Calibre will put the books in the correct folder but you need to use another program to put them into collections on kindle
Kindle collections manager works pretty good. You need to rest kindle for them to appear and seems impossible to get them in correct order but still a big improvement over doing it yourself

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ctions+manager
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert