Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 05:28 AM   #16
Menelas
Menelas began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful feedback. After a visit to JB Hifi today, I decided on the Kobo Aura H2O2. I liked the feel of it and the size felt just right. I also got them to give me a 10% discount, which I was very pleased with. So far I've put an epub on it and it was as easy as drag and drop. I look forward to finding out all there is to know about Calibre (already downloaded) and how to get library books across.
Menelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #17
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
Thanks so much everyone for your helpful feedback. After a visit to JB Hifi today, I decided on the Kobo Aura H2O2. I liked the feel of it and the size felt just right. I also got them to give me a 10% discount, which I was very pleased with. So far I've put an epub on it and it was as easy as drag and drop. I look forward to finding out all there is to know about Calibre (already downloaded) and how to get library books across.
Happy reading. Do check out the sticky thread on how to get Calibre to automatically manage the collections on your Kobo.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Glad to read that you are enjoying your new reader!!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
For library books check our wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBo...ries#Australia for Australia specific access. If your area isn't there then please add it when you get yours set up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:00 PM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I think you were wise to take the Kobo based solely on your concerns for waterproofing. I've really only heard about Aura ONE lemons. Much less bad stuff about the H202. And since you were buying from a brick and mortar store, returns are much easier than what most of us have to deal with.

Take some time in the Kobo forum. You can use Calbre to convert your ePubs to KePubs, Kobo's custom ePub format. Both formats have their plusses and minuses in the way your reader will handle them.

You can also patch the OS to do all sorts of different things. A Kobo can be a tinkerer's dream.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert