Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #181
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat242 View Post
Thanks, I'll uninstall old one and install this one. Will update you all on my progress soon.
Update: installs and runs without crashing Calibre...
Good to hear. Hopefully it won't crash later.
Quote:
Now to figure out how to use it. Is there a manual online ?
Yes, there is help. I can't check where I am but it is either on the menu for the button or available from each dialog.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 PM   #182
MichelB
MichelB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I get the error message that the plug-in cannot find any annotations on matching books, but I know they exist. My device is a Kindle Fire. When I use the Fetch annotations command from Send To Device, for a selected book in Calibre, it fetches something, no error message but I do not see any results in the Comments column. Any suggestions? Thanks
MichelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #183
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't believe the Kindle Fire is supported, because IIRC it doesn't create a "My Clippings.txt" file.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:24 AM   #184
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin does not support the Kindle Fire for fetching annotations. If they are in a place that can be seen when connect to the PC, it can probably be added. But, I do not have one so cannot do the work or test it. I can give advice.

My guess would be the same for the fetch annotations that is part of calibre. But, I thought the option was only displayed for devices that supported it. If the Fire shares code in the driver with the other Kindle devices, it might mean it is being enabled at the wrong time.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #185
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Thanks for the plugin. - - never mind, I'm a boob noob.

Last edited by please55; 05-26-2015 at 08:36 AM.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #186
arfung
arfung began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin on iOS
I wonder whether you could put Marvin support back in for Annotations. Right now, the iOS Readers Applications and Marvin XD (which relies on iOS Readers) is broken because the a library is incompatible with Apple's new OS. So, there is no way to get annotations out of Marvin and into Calibre.

It would be great if Annotations could provide this functionality again. Not redundant!

Thanks!
arfung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #187
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That isn't a bad idea, but it probably won't work. It has been a while since I looked at that part of the code, but I am fairly sure it relies on the iOS Reader Application plugin to talk to the iOS device. If it does, it won't work. If it uses some other mechanism, it might work, but I will have to check.

I will try and have a look during the week and see.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:55 AM   #188
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK, I've checked. Yes, the Marvin annotations code that was in this plugin depends on the iOS Reader Application plugin. Until that is working again, there is nothing I can do.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #189
tozzi
tozzi began at the beginning.

Device: marvin
Hi!

I don't know, if somebody already mentioned this, but what's about to bring back annotations manually to calibre?

1. In marvin export/share annotations to your email account.
2. In marvin export/share vocabulary of the ebook to your email acount.
3. In marvin export/share highlighted or marked phrases to your email account.

I normally edit the highlightsxxxx.html und copy it into calibre metadata userdefined annotations html page.
The exported xxxx.mrv I keep together with my book for a later chance to import it in the normal way. I didn't manage to work it out just by editing the html.

NOW: To use this marvinxxx.mrv (eported marvin annotation file) would be nice to have a NEW calibre plugin!
So you don't need the IOSRA, just export the marvin mrv and start the import with a new plugin and your marvinxxx.mrv without connection to your IOS-device!

tozzi

Is it possible, to bring this also to the " Plugin ideas... add yours here"-Thread?

Last edited by tozzi; 08-07-2015 at 07:45 AM.
tozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The plugin supports the idea of importing annotations from files. The GoodReader support does this. If someone wants to write support for another file format, I will be happy to help and include it. I don't use Marvin, or read on my iPad, so it isn't something I'm personally interested in doing at the moment.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #191
tozzi
tozzi began at the beginning.

Device: marvin
This part of plugin should already exist, it is part of the marvinXD-plugin. The trick will be to "cut" it in a independend version: "marvinXD-OFFLINE", without IOS or anything else!

It's a "Philantrop" plugin. How can I ask him to help?

Last edited by tozzi; 08-07-2015 at 08:09 AM.
tozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:30 AM   #192
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Something like that should be possible. But, it won't be that easy. I am pretty sure it is reading the Marvin database to get the annotations. If you get them from somewhere else, it will need new code for that.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #193
Dfaure
Enthusiast
Dfaure began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Aura HD, Cybook Muse
Hi,

I'm using now this excellent annotation plugin for several months, but I just found a bug (or at least one annoying issue) when dealing with long titles on small screens:

When you choose to fetch the annotations from my Kobo Aura, the displayed "Import Annotations" dialog seems to be sized according to the inner annotations array content, and while having rather long book titles (126 chars in my case), the dialog is getting horizontally oversized and therefore very hard to handle on my 1024px screen.

Wouldn't it be possible to allow manual resizing of the dialog, save it's geometry and have the inner table scrollable?

Thanks
Dfaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #194
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I thought the dialog size and position was being saved already. I have to admit I haven't changed it for a whiles, so maybe something has gone wrong. I'll check tonight and see what has to be done.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:42 AM   #195
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
When I connect my Pocketbook Touch Lux 1 I get the following error message caused by the plugin. It started maybe a year ago, can't say when exactly. It doesn't happen with the Touch Lux 2.

calibre, version 2.34.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'POCKETBOOK622' object has no attribute 'gui_name'

calibre 2.34 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Modify ePub && Goodreads Sync && Annotations && Reading List && Quality Check && BOL_DE && Hyphenate This!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 924, in on_device_connection_changed
AttributeError: 'POCKETBOOK622' object has no attribute 'gui_name'
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp