Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 05:35 PM   #31
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
I asking that because it is very important to me to turn off light completely.
I'm sure this has been asked/discussed before... but my curiosity gets the better of me... Without trying to debate.... why?
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #32
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you can only see it in total darkness, what's the problem? You can't read in total darkness without a light.
I'm sensitive to blue light. I never turn on light on my voyage because of that. I jb it to turn off front light completely.

Last edited by Lepricon; 10-28-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #33
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepricon View Post
Have you checked it in a dark room? Because with pw and voyage even if you turn off front light completely there is still glimmer light that can be seen in darkness.
I asking that because it is very important to me to turn off light completely. I can still cancel my order if there is no possibility to do that.
Yes, I have checked in a dark room. With this fw-version you can turn off the light completely.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Avoiding any form of exposure to blue light (e.g. in sunlight) must make life very difficult for you. My sympathies.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #35
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Yes, I have checked in a dark room. With this fw-version you can turn off the light completely.
That you that's good news
Old 10-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #36
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
If you can only see it in total darkness, what's the problem? You can't read in total darkness without a light.
You cannot 'not only' see it in total darkness but it's visible for some users (including me) right away. Other may not find it disturbing or don't recognize it.

As I remembered we had exactly the same discussion around three years ago. I am wondering why you still ask the same questions years later?

So trekk, that are great news.

Last edited by joblack; 10-28-2017 at 05:50 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #37
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I doublechecked, but sadly there's no option for inversion in this fw version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I believe that it is supposed by be in Settings under Accessibility options.
You are right. So text inversion is possible.

And I must say, it looks very nice. Normaly the refresh of a page is very annoying, when reading inverted. At least at night or in the dark. But the Oasis refreshes the pages very smooth, without any eyestrain, and without visible artifacts.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #38
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:
Avoiding any form of exposure to blue light (e.g. in sunlight) must make life very difficult for you. My sympathies.

Blue light in sunlight and in leds is different intensity. I never look at sun directly or I'll be blind. And I know that kindle light is reflected by epaper.
But it is long story.
I know that it is sounds like I'm little nuts.
But I checked it many times.
Also when I just bought voyage I didn't know that front light cannot be turned off. I thought that if I turn slider to left side then there's no front light.
I read it without knowing that there's still some light left.
And after few days of reading like that I started to feel like I was reading tablet computer. I slept worse. Was more tired etc.
And I didn't know why. With my previous ebook(which was on android) I didn't feel like that.
After searching I found out that there is some front light left. And after I jb my voyage and turned off light all was good.

Last edited by Lepricon; 10-28-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #39
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
You are right. So text inversion is possible.

And I must say, it looks very nice. Normaly the refresh of a page is very annoying, when reading inverted. At least at night or in the dark. But the Oasis refreshes the pages very smooth, without any eyestrain, and without visible artifacts.
Great! Can you try the two books attached in my earlier post. One is normal and to be read with kindle's inversion. The other is inverted with CSS code and to be read without kindle's inversion. And let me know how they compare. Thanks.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #40
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
trekk, if your oasis has the invert white on black feature, can you try testing something for me? Load the two public domain books attached. 1) Open the white on black version, look it over, then 2) open the normal version and turn on the kindle's white on back feature. Can you tell me whether they look the same or different, and if so, how?

Thanks
OK, I like Kafka. He must have been an ancestor of Philip K. Dick

1) the white on black version without inversion:

Looks nice, very readable, contrast excellent, depending on the light intensity. Shows an annoying 5-6 mm white frame around the text. Flashes very unpleasently when refreshing, especially when reading in the dark.

2) normal version with inversion:

Same as 1), BUT no annoying white frame, the whole screen is black with white text. The refresh is very subtil and pleasent, even in the dark.

If you want my opinion about the visual display only, I find the display of the characters very crisp and the fonts very readable in both variants.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #41
trekk
Terraner

I have to add, that I have turned off the option to refresh each page in the settings.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #42
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
please upload a video to youtube showing the operation, inversion, page change, etc ...
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #43
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
So.... have you sideloaded an MP3 audiobook yet? Does it play?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #44
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Thanks, trekk. Sounds good.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #45
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Does it have Speakers?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote