Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Enjoying the ebook

Has anyone besides me noticed how this amazing group of fans of ebooks spend more time complaining about them rather than talking up our enjoyment of them? This thread is dedicated to the stories where you actually LIKED an ebook

I'll start. Was at church last week and they started a new class. The teacher mentioned the book he was leading from. A quick bring up of Amazon's website on my iPad, found the book, ordered it...and it was delivered instantly to my kindle app.

I really LOVE the new ebook world we are living in.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I will admit I had done something similar during a service a few months back on my WiFi enabled Kobo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yay for positivity! I'm in my sunroom, listening to fun music, soaking up the sunshine, and reading about werewolves on Discworld, while a big bumblebee buzzes around the camellia bush outside. Tim is an iced tea genius.

Baby, you're a firework!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
BrentKnowles
Author
BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Totally agree. New books are mere seconds away and that is amazing.
BrentKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Just reading the title of your thread made me smile happily. You're so right!

I love being able to download a book almost instantly. Especially when it's a book you're excited to discover! My latest find is Sacred Koyasan and while it wasn't cheap, it's even better than I'd dared hope. A wonderful read.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I never whinge about my eReader or eBooks. I love having a Kobo!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
I've been thoroughly enjoying my new Kobo (as well as the books I've been reading). My biggest complaint is that my library of books to read is growing exponentially faster then I can read them!

Still new to ebooks, but so far have read:
-- "The Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill" (Stephen King's son). It's not your typical ghost story, but I found it engrossing and pulls me into the story and the characters. His writing style is very similar to his dad.
== "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute: a classic; about people living in south Australia waiting for death to come in the form of radioactivity (they are the last people left on Earth following a brief nuclear war between NATO, Russia and China). I enjoyed the story, but found the characters a bit stiff.
== "Blood Music" by Greg Bear; presently reading, about a third of the way through. Very engrossing sci fi tale about man made, intelligent single celled organisms that threaten man's existence.

All 3 titles are from the library (first 2 from Ohio ebook Project and the last one from Singapore). I have several books I've purchased, but have pushed those to the back burner as the library books have an expiration date :-) ).

Craig

Last edited by caheaton; 03-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
In my life I have read three books. For some reason I never found any interest toward books.

When I had my first contact with an e-reader, I was instantly in love with books. I now use every free second I have from kids and wife to read.

I finished Raising Atlantis in one week and am now reading Hitch Hiker's Guide to Galaxy. After this, I have already uploaded Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Hi

I gotten into some good stories this month! So good that I've almost tried to turn the page (as in like a pbook while reading my kindle or jetbook. That is pure booklust!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I used to like the fact that you didn't have to rush out and buy an ebook as soon as you saw it because it would still be there when you wanted to read it and it would never sell out. But then I found out about limited edition ebooks that get removed from sale as soon as the hardback version sells out.

So, um ... I like that I can press a button to see what time it is without having to move my head. And I can fix spelling and grammar mistakes in case I might want to read them again some time in the future. And I suppose it will be useful when my kids put me in a retirement home and throw all my books in a skip, assuming I'm not completely senile by then.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have been enjoying my ereader & ebooks for over a year! Almost the best invention EVAH!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Any time I'm caught somewhere where I have to wait, I just whip out my phone and read. I couldn't do that before, even with a paperback.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
My wife never read as much as I do. Now she has a Kobo and can jack up the font size, she's reading a lot. It turns out that dealing with the small font on paper books caused her headaches and eye fatigue, which limited how much reading should could do.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
I never thought it possible, but I read so much more now!

Because I use several reader apps on my Android phone, I've got a book at my fingertips literally all of the time.

Plus that dang one-click ordering feature from Amazon.... I can finish one book and buy the next in the series without even standing up!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I just love my ereader especially for travelling, although I'm using it more and more for day to day reading. One of the big advantages for me is the availability of authors that I would never see in my local bookshop or library. My husband loves it too as I don't drive him mad flicking the pages as I read in bed (not that I don't sometimes absentmindedly try).
amward is offline   Reply With Quote