Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
dKodiak
dKodiak began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4
Tags not being removed

I have removed all tags in calibre and set preferences to apply tags on save to disk but old tags are still in files.

How do i remove them from my epubs?
dKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dKodiak Did you run the save to disk after you detagged - it wont update files you saved 'last week' you'll need to save them again.

If you want the tags removed from the epubs in the library itself, select the books and use the Polish feature - press 'p' - tick Update metadata in books and click OK

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I recall, when saving to disk, existing tags are not deleted if no tags are present in the metadata. I think the behavior of the Polish Books tool is different, so you could use that to update the metadata in the epub files before saving to disk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote